Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by Pogue Mahone » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi....I'm an American interested in the shooting sports who would like to correspond with any Finnish gun owners about rifles from Finland. I am also looking for spare parts, particularly small parts for Sako / Valmet Rk62 / 95 rifles (need a spare grip and other parts).

I can probably converse in Finnish language with the use of Google, so it doesn't have to be an English speaking forum.

Any help, much thanks!



Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am

Pogue Mahone wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm
Hi....I'm an American interested in the shooting sports who would like to correspond with any Finnish gun owners about rifles from Finland. I am also looking for spare parts, particularly small parts for Sako / Valmet Rk62 / 95 rifles (need a spare grip and other parts).

I can probably converse in Finnish language with the use of Google, so it doesn't have to be an English speaking forum.

Any help, much thanks!
Probably the most active forum is https://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/ (they also have a Facebook group), focusing (as the name suggest) mostly on practical shooting sports, i.e. IPSC, SRA (reservist 3-gun) and IDPA.
Another forum for long range shooting https://www.takilta.fi/keskustelu/index.php
Another Facebook group "Reserviläisaseet (AR, AK, pistoolit yms.)" https://www.facebook.com/groups/123297618369777

For Sako/Valmet parts, AV-ase has some available https://www.av-ase.fi/ase/aseiden-osat/ ... sat/c/404/ . Also I've heard people having had luck contacting Sako directly https://www.sako.fi/. New parts for those rifles haven't been manufactured since the 90's, but they may still have some in stock.

(shipping to the US could be problematic, due to the import regulations, if that's what you need)
Last edited by FinnGuyHelsinki on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:55 am

(double post)

FinlandGirl
Posts: 661
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am

Pogue Mahone wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm
I can probably converse in Finnish language with the use of Google
Most people prefer good English over a bad Google translation to Finnish.

Upphew
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by Upphew » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:34 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am
(shipping to the US could be problematic, due to the import regulations, if that's what you need)
Gun Jesus did just a video how he got his guns to Finland and back to the states. He used services of [email protected]
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1149
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 pm

Upphew wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:34 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am
(shipping to the US could be problematic, due to the import regulations, if that's what you need)
Gun Jesus did just a video how he got his guns to Finland and back to the states. He used services of [email protected]
Sure, it's possible, but unlikely that a Finnish company would ship a few bits and pieces to a customer in the US (similarly as most US gun stores won't ship anything outside the US, let alone firearm parts), just not worth the cost and effort.

Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by Pogue Mahone » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:35 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am
Pogue Mahone wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm
Hi....I'm an American interested in the shooting sports who would like to correspond with any Finnish gun owners about rifles from Finland. I am also looking for spare parts, particularly small parts for Sako / Valmet Rk62 / 95 rifles (need a spare grip and other parts).

I can probably converse in Finnish language with the use of Google, so it doesn't have to be an English speaking forum.

Any help, much thanks!
Probably the most active forum is https://www.toiminta-ampujat.fi/ (they also have a Facebook group), focusing (as the name suggest) mostly on practical shooting sports, i.e. IPSC, SRA (reservist 3-gun) and IDPA.
Another forum for long range shooting https://www.takilta.fi/keskustelu/index.php
Another Facebook group "Reserviläisaseet (AR, AK, pistoolit yms.)" https://www.facebook.com/groups/123297618369777

For Sako/Valmet parts, AV-ase has some available https://www.av-ase.fi/ase/aseiden-osat/ ... sat/c/404/ . Also I've heard people having had luck contacting Sako directly https://www.sako.fi/. New parts for those rifles haven't been manufactured since the 90's, but they may still have some in stock.

(shipping to the US could be problematic, due to the import regulations, if that's what you need)
This is exactly what I needed...and that store has some of the parts I need as well. I will contact him. There are no US import laws on any gun parts other than receivers and some barrels.

Pogue Mahone
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by Pogue Mahone » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:37 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am
Pogue Mahone wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:08 pm
I can probably converse in Finnish language with the use of Google
Most people prefer good English over a bad Google translation to Finnish.
Duly noted ;-)

Upphew
Posts: 10671
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Is there a good internet forum for gun owners in Finland?

Post by Upphew » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:09 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 pm
Upphew wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:34 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 am
(shipping to the US could be problematic, due to the import regulations, if that's what you need)
Gun Jesus did just a video how he got his guns to Finland and back to the states. He used services of [email protected]
Sure, it's possible, but unlikely that a Finnish company would ship a few bits and pieces to a customer in the US (similarly as most US gun stores won't ship anything outside the US, let alone firearm parts), just not worth the cost and effort.
And that is why you'll need logistics company to do the shipping and all the associated paperwork.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Post Reply