car ownership and insurance

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
krapulassa

Post by krapulassa » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:28 am

I own a car which is used as a taxi by another person.

In traficom website I am listed as the: "omistaja" (owner)
And the taxi driver is listed as the: "haltija" (holder)

The holder also has traffic insurance on the car because he drives it on a daily basis.

Question1: If the car gets a parking ticket, will it go to the holder or the owner?

Question2: Can the owner change the holder information in traficom website if the taxi driver wishes to return the car?

For example, if the owner gets insurance on the same car on his own name, what is the process of changing holder back to the owner?

Is it done through traficom or a visit to KATSASTUS is required?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: car ownership and insurance

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:30 am

krapulassa wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:28 am
I own a car which is used as a taxi by another person.

In traficom website I am listed as the: "omistaja" (owner)
And the taxi driver is listed as the: "haltija" (holder)

The holder also has traffic insurance on the car because he drives it on a daily basis.

Question1: If the car gets a parking ticket, will it go to the holder or the owner?
"Pysäköintivirheen johdosta määrätystä pysäköintivirhemaksusta vastaa myös ajoneuvon rekisteriin merkitty omistaja tai haltija. Ajoneuvon omistaja tai haltija on kuitenkin vastuusta vapaa, jos hän saattaa todennäköiseksi, että hän ei tehnyt pysäköintivirhettä tai että pysäköintivirhemaksun määräämiselle ei ollut edellytyksiä."

https://finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2011/20110727#P9
krapulassa wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:28 am
Question2: Can the owner change the holder information in traficom website if the taxi driver wishes to return the car?
Yes.