Foreign capital income?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
agroot

Foreign capital income?

Post by agroot » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 pm

I had some useless insurance from origin country cancelled and had to (or supposed to) report the "gain" due to euro being worthy much more years ago. But there are no places to fill details or submit anything, and the answer I got from vero is to calculate and fill the number and that's it, and then I got the decision after a few days and paid the tax.

So.. how do they even know if the number is correct? Or will they ask source documents later? But how much later? Or can I assume I can forget everything now that decision has been made and tax paid? :roll:

Foreign capital income?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Foreign capital income?

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 am

agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 pm
So.. how do they even know if the number is correct?
Mostly people are honest so it doesn't make sense to audit everyone.
agroot wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:11 pm
Or will they ask source documents later? But how much later? Or can I assume I can forget everything now that decision has been made and tax paid? :roll:
https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax- ... r_documen/

"If you add or correct something (e.g. claim a tax deduction for your costs for the production of income, or claim a tax credit for domestic costs), retain the receipts and documentation for 6 years after the close of the taxable year. "

agroot

Re: Foreign capital income?

Post by agroot » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:27 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 am
https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/tax- ... r_documen/

"If you add or correct something (e.g. claim a tax deduction for your costs for the production of income, or claim a tax credit for domestic costs), retain the receipts and documentation for 6 years after the close of the taxable year. "
Thanks!