How to take an industrial plot/agricultural land on lease

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mois_2012

Post by mois_2012 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Hello there,

I want to take an industrial plot/agricultural land of size 200-300 m2 on lease. I want to know how to take such a small space on a lease if possible at all. What could be the possible cost per m2? I am not looking for a small gardening plot. Besides, what are the rules/regulations to build a small greenhouse in Finland?

Valuable information or suggestions will be helpful and be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: How to take an industrial plot/agricultural land on lease

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am

mois_2012 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:05 pm
Hello there,

I want to take an industrial plot/agricultural land of size 200-300 m2 on lease. I want to know how to take such a small space on a lease if possible at all. What could be the possible cost per m2? I am not looking for a small gardening plot. Besides, what are the rules/regulations to build a small greenhouse in Finland?

Valuable information or suggestions will be helpful and be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
It's possible if someone is willing to lease such a plot, there's really nothing more to it. Take note, however, that there may be rules on how much land area (and/or distance to the neighboring plot) is required for any particular purpose. For average prices of farming land, see https://portal.mtt.fi/portal/page/porta ... e_of_land/(obviously the price differs depending on the size of the leased land, don't expect to get 1/40th of an hectare for 1/40th of a single hectare price).

Building regulations vary, ask your local municipality (where you intend to build the greenhouse).

mois_2012

Post by mois_2012 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:37 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am
(obviously the price differs depending on the size of the leased land, don't expect to get 1/40th of an hectare for 1/40th of a single hectare price).

Building regulations vary, ask your local municipality (where you intend to build the greenhouse).
Thanks a lot for the important information. I appreciate it. I wonder who I need to contact to get more information about the whole process. Do you know any company/authority who does that? I would really appreciate it if you could give me some links regarding that.

Thanks again.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 am

mois_2012 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:37 am
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 am
(obviously the price differs depending on the size of the leased land, don't expect to get 1/40th of an hectare for 1/40th of a single hectare price).

Thanks a lot for the important information. I appreciate it. I wonder who I need to contact to get more information about the whole process. Do you know any company/authority who does that? I would really appreciate it if you could give me some links regarding that.

Thanks again.
For building permits, search "rakennuslupa <your city>", e.g. "rakennuslupa Helsinki", likely you'll find the monicipality's page with contact information.

As for the rental itself, you agree the terms with the lessor and you sign the contract, similarly as you would with renting an apartment, a car or whatever else. Where you might find such a plot, that I don't know. Your need is very specific; a small area (plots the size of which generally aren't rented out, at least so that they would be advertised), likely requires some form of permit for building,... Your best bet might be to start asking around locally, on whatever media reaches people there, go talk directly with a land owner, put up a wanted ad and go on from there.

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:18 am

Just to add to the advice above:

google viljelymaata (or viljelysmaata) vuokrattavana, lots of municipaliticies have land available. However, there might some conditions (you have to be resident there, or take it for a longer period). Some require tendering.

permits or other regulations regarding a greenhouse depends on its size and municipality, less urban area less restrictions.

mois_2012

Post by mois_2012 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:43 pm

Thanks guys.