Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
jimena_jr
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am

Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Post by jimena_jr » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm

My boyfriend likes to take film photographs and I'd like to surprise him by printing some of them. Does anybody know of a not overly expensive place where I could do it?
And no, online shops won't do (or at least I see it as a less than ideal option) since we would need to send the negatives etc.
Thanks for your help.



Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
agroot
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Post by agroot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 pm

I think the photo shops have such service. They have frames and framed pictures. There are many of them like the "Kuvatapio" with stores all over Helsinki.

FinlandGirl
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:43 am

Re: Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Post by FinlandGirl » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am

jimena_jr wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm
My boyfriend likes to take film photographs and I'd like to surprise him by printing some of them. Does anybody know of a not overly expensive place where I could do it?
And no, online shops won't do (or at least I see it as a less than ideal option) since we would need to send the negatives etc.
Do you have developed negatives or undeveloped films?

Negatives are what you get after developing a film.
Printing (or scanning) a negative is a separate step.

jimena_jr
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:23 am

Re: Where to develop film photographs in the Helsinki area?

Post by jimena_jr » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:58 am

FinlandGirl wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am
jimena_jr wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm
My boyfriend likes to take film photographs and I'd like to surprise him by printing some of them. Does anybody know of a not overly expensive place where I could do it?
And no, online shops won't do (or at least I see it as a less than ideal option) since we would need to send the negatives etc.
Do you have developed negatives or undeveloped films?

Negatives are what you get after developing a film.
Printing (or scanning) a negative is a separate step.
We have both! Sometimes he prints his own negatives at home. But yeah, generally speaking we would actually need to print the negatives first, sorry if my wording was confusing.
Do you know of any studios?
agroot wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 pm
I think the photo shops have such service. They have frames and framed pictures. There are many of them like the "Kuvatapio" with stores all over Helsinki.
Thank you, I'll check those.



Post Reply