Credit in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Sighthound

Credit in Finland

Post by Sighthound » Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm

hi Everybody!

So, in a Brief.

I'm EU citizen and i moved to finland on 12.03.2018.

I've done everything from the start with Migri and everything, but seems i missed the part to register myself to Maistrati.

I Discover this when i bought an house in MAy 2019 and started to ask for an home loan.... I registered immediately. Therefor on Suomi.fi/Register, look like i got " mail address from 12.03.2018, but residential started only on 12.05.2019 which is the date when i discovered the above.

Anyway, I'm paying taxed in Finland from my arrival, 12.03.2018. I lived in Finland since then, one year on Rental then i bought an house. I have an Home loan with OP that i had no difficulties at all to get.

I'm employed full time, permanent, with a decent salary ( 80K )... But Seems i still don't have a credit history?

I never managed to get a Credit card ( Despite my bank had gave me very easily the home loan, if i do the online application for credit card it goes rejected right away )... I have never had debts or finance here.

How does the whole thing work? :)

Credit in Finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Credit in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Sighthound wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm
So, in a Brief.

I'm EU citizen and i moved to finland on 12.03.2018.

I've done everything from the start with Migri and everything, but seems i missed the part to register myself to Maistrati.

I Discover this when i bought an house in MAy 2019 and started to ask for an home loan.... I registered immediately. Therefor on Suomi.fi/Register, look like i got " mail address from 12.03.2018, but residential started only on 12.05.2019 which is the date when i discovered the above.

Anyway, I'm paying taxed in Finland from my arrival, 12.03.2018. I lived in Finland since then, one year on Rental then i bought an house. I have an Home loan with OP that i had no difficulties at all to get.

I'm employed full time, permanent, with a decent salary ( 80K )... But Seems i still don't have a credit history?

I never managed to get a Credit card ( Despite my bank had gave me very easily the home loan, if i do the online application for credit card it goes rejected right away )... I have never had debts or finance here.

How does the whole thing work? :)
Finland only operates a negative register. Usually the automated systems have a rule that you need to have history for 2-3 years (from getting a municipality of residence). Mortgages are handled manually so there was probably more flexibility due to this.

Sighthound

Post by Sighthound » Fri May 07, 2021 2:08 pm

So there's no chance to improve WORD CENSOR - SPAM POST/MESSAGE!!!/history before living 3 years here, right?

I'm basically living since more than 3 years...just a burocratic error wiped out first year :(

agroot

Post by agroot » Sun May 09, 2021 6:18 pm

You can get a credit card next month, 2yr from the registration date 12.05.2019

Sighthound

Post by Sighthound » Sun May 09, 2021 8:08 pm

I'll try :)
meanwhile i've tried to purchase something from a shop and pay it in 6 instalments, and i have been told i must have 3 years of residency :(

agroot

Post by agroot » Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 pm

Sighthound wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:08 pm
I'll try :)
meanwhile i've tried to purchase something from a shop and pay it in 6 instalments, and i have been told i must have 3 years of residency :(
OP told me two years and it's true - they just approved mine.

Talouskaveri

Post by Talouskaveri » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:25 am

The thing with SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM is that the bank has the flat or house as a security in case you can't pay back the loan.

Credit cards demand much more trust from the banks to the applicant. I've worked in a bank earlier (in my home country) and we had the same sceptisism with people who recently moved to the country asking for a credit card. The probability they move back early is in fact much higher than with people settled.

One can suggest to open a deposit account for the credit card so the bank has no real risk. Has anyone tried?