Nordea bank credential problems

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
skywalkermlj

Post by skywalkermlj » Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Hey folks, I'm new in Finland. Just got my Nordea debit and registered the Nordea codes app. I was trying to use the code app to verify my identity in Posti and HSL, etc. However, none of those sites really let me in. There will be a page saying "don't have suitable agreements". I mean, the app really works. However, it seems those sites don't really accept it. Does anyone know what is the problem here? Many thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Nordea bank credential problems

Post by betelgeuse » Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am

skywalkermlj wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm
Hey folks, I'm new in Finland. Just got my Nordea debit and registered the Nordea codes app. I was trying to use the code app to verify my identity in Posti and HSL, etc. However, none of those sites really let me in. There will be a page saying "don't have suitable agreements". I mean, the app really works. However, it seems those sites don't really accept it. Does anyone know what is the problem here? Many thanks!
Nordea hasn’t registered an id document for the online auth. For example, with a non EEA passport one can get online banking only but needs to show a Finnish document (usually id card for foreigners) to get access to external sites.

NukkuMatti

Re: Nordea bank credential problems

Post by NukkuMatti » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am
skywalkermlj wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:32 pm
Nordea hasn’t registered an id document for the online auth. For example, with a non EEA passport one can get online banking only but needs to show a Finnish document (usually id card for foreigners) to get access to external sites.
I would advise you to get that card anyway (Finnish ID for foreigners = size of a credit card), it saves you so much trouble messing with ID's everywhere, all that "sorry we cannot accept that ID, it is not Finnish" talk will be history.

The reason is obvious, you cannot expect for example every bank employee to know the security features of all passports in the world. when getting the Finnish ID for foreigners, it is being checked by the police, and they should have a special department where they actually know all security features of every passport in the world and the contacts to verify...