Income tax on the sale of a house.

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat May 15, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question of legal / tax matters regarding the sale of a house.

This is what I know (or think I know)..

When you live in a house as an owner for more than 2 years, the profit of the sale of the house will not be seen as income and therefore also not be taxed as income, Is this correct?

I have tried to find it on Vero.fi but had no luck...

And where can I find the (English) law text about this…. in Finlex (tried to find it but couldn’t).

My hopes are focused on a reply from Betelgeuse hence those seem to be the most on spot regarding legal issues..

Peace to you all and stay safe!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Income tax on the sale of a house.

Post by betelgeuse » Sun May 16, 2021 6:52 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:12 pm
Hi everyone,

I have a question of legal / tax matters regarding the sale of a house.

This is what I know (or think I know)..

When you live in a house as an owner for more than 2 years, the profit of the sale of the house will not be seen as income and therefore also not be taxed as income, Is this correct?

I have tried to find it on Vero.fi but had no luck...

And where can I find the (English) law text about this…. in Finlex (tried to find it but couldn’t).

My hopes are focused on a reply from Betelgeuse hence those seem to be the most on spot regarding legal issues..
This was the first match for my online search for ”vero sale of property”

https://www.vero.fi/en/individuals/hous ... your_home/

NukkuMatti

Re: Income tax on the sale of a house.

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun May 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Thanks... I have been searching with search string "Selling of a house" did not give me anything but an enormous list of related topics but not this one..

How important the formulation of a single phrase can be.....(and I was tired so..)

How about the real goal of my search: the law text this "vero" article is base upon? can I find it at somewhere in the rules / law text about capital income?

I did a search with search word "tax" on finlex but only 5 results and nothing even close to income tax or capital income tax, let alone real estate tax and capital income tax on the sale of property...

Or does this not exist in English?