First car scratch, where to get it fixed?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
zarnar

Post by zarnar » Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi all!

First time caused a scratch on my car. It is on the front bumper. I scratched the front of the car to a wall in the parking lot slightly. There is a bit of wall's paint left on the bumper and one deep scratch on wax cover.

I am in the Espoo area. Should I take the car to the dealer's service where I got the car? Any other good mechanic suggestions? How much does these repairs cost?

If it is easy to fixed by myself, I could try but I rather not since I haven't done something similar at all.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Daniel2016

Re: First car scratch, where to get it fixed?

Post by Daniel2016 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 am

Following....

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:15 pm

zarnar wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Hi all!

First time caused a scratch on my car. It is on the front bumper. I scratched the front of the car to a wall in the parking lot slightly. There is a bit of wall's paint left on the bumper and one deep scratch on wax cover.

I am in the Espoo area. Should I take the car to the dealer's service where I got the car? Any other good mechanic suggestions? How much does these repairs cost?
Depends on the amount of damage; some tens of euros for a quick touch-up, to hundreds if it requires prepping and paint, to thousands if the whole bumber needs to be replaced (unlikely, based on your description). Whatever the case, don't take the car to the dealer, the services from them are usually the most expensive. Search "car paint Espoo", any car paint shop should be able to do the job, it doesn't get much more basic than that. Sending an email a for quote is a bit of a hit or miss, you might not get a response, but you should include a picture of the damage along with your inquiry. Might be easiest and fastest to drive around and ask for quotes in person, that way they can also see the damage themselves.
zarnar wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm
If it is easy to fixed by myself, I could try but I rather not since I haven't done something similar at all.

Thanks a lot.
If it's just a minor scratch on a plastic bumper, a touch-up paint pen might do the job just fine, e.g. https://www.motonet.fi/fi/tuote/6000539 ... 8050-Black (obivously match the color to your car) Or alternatively, just let it be, plastic doesn't deteriorate over time (metal you should fix/get fixed to prevent corrosion).

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:44 pm

I would try to get the wall paint off the bumper first. Some car wax might be abrasive enough to clear things up and then you'll see how much of the bumper itself is damaged. Some waxes come in different colours and they will hide small scratches.
Often the scratch can weigh heavily in your mind but is not actually that noticeable and somebody else wouldn't even notice it. No point in spending hundreds to fix a scratch that is invisible unless you point it out to somebody or which disappears once the car is even slightly dirty.