Tulli (Finnish Customs)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jimena_jr

Tulli (Finnish Customs)

Post by jimena_jr » Thu May 27, 2021 11:13 am

Hi!

UPS just brought me something I ordered from the UK, which is subject to the import tax. I still haven't been asked to pay it by Tulli, does anybody know how this works? In my home country they won't release anything until you pay.
These trusting Finns... :)

Tulli (Finnish Customs)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Tulli (Finnish Customs)

Post by betelgeuse » Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am

jimena_jr wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:13 am
Hi!

UPS just brought me something I ordered from the UK, which is subject to the import tax. I still haven't been asked to pay it by Tulli, does anybody know how this works? In my home country they won't release anything until you pay.
” If a postal parcel from abroad, which should have been cleared, has been delivered straight to your home, do a post-clearance. You can do the post-clearance online, by email or by letter.”

https://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/ord ... r-delivery

jimena_jr

Post by jimena_jr » Thu May 27, 2021 11:35 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:30 am
jimena_jr wrote:
Hi!

” If a postal parcel from abroad, which should have been cleared, has been delivered straight to your home, do a post-clearance. You can do the post-clearance online, by email or by letter.”

https://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/ord ... r-delivery
Thank you so much.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 pm

jimena_jr wrote:
UPS just brought me something I ordered from the UK, which is subject to the import tax.
who was the seller? Some retailers pay the import duty at their end. I ordered several items from amazon uk, some fulfilled by amazon themselves and one from a marketplace seller. Amazon added the VAT and import tax to their items and they arrived with nothing due at this end. The marketplace item had to be cleared via tulli website.

jimena_jr

Post by jimena_jr » Fri May 28, 2021 10:59 pm

riku2 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 pm
jimena_jr wrote:
UPS just brought me something I ordered from the UK, which is subject to the import tax.
who was the seller? Some retailers pay the import duty at their end. I ordered several items from amazon uk, some fulfilled by amazon themselves and one from a marketplace seller. Amazon added the VAT and import tax to their items and they arrived with nothing due at this end. The marketplace item had to be cleared via tulli website.
Hi, this was some manufacturer from Etsy, and I know for a fact they didn't pay the import duty themselves.

Still think this whole thing was a bit weird since the "markings on the dispatch note on the parcel" were perfectly clear but who knows.