Proving Means of Support During Time as Student

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ddddd

Post by ddddd » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm

I haven't gotten any clear answers for this question from searching. How do you prove your means of support when you were a student? I was supported by my parents during my studies. Is it enough to submit my bank account statements? What else is needed? It is not possible to get my parents' salary slips from 7 years ago.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Proving Means of Support During Time as Student

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:21 pm

ddddd wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:26 pm
I haven't gotten any clear answers for this question from searching. How do you prove your means of support when you were a student? I was supported by my parents during my studies. Is it enough to submit my bank account statements? What else is needed? It is not possible to get my parents' salary slips from 7 years ago.
Prove for what purpose? Citizenship?

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:26 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Prove for what purpose? Citizenship?
Sorry I was unclear. Yes, citizenship.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm

ddddd wrote:
The goal is "A reliable account of your livelihood means that you can prove that you have a legal way to support yourself in Finland that is enough for you to live on."

https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-applica ... of-support

Migri will ask for more if they want more than bank account statements. Based on other threads they have also wanted to see that you have handled gift tax properly (if the support was done in a way to trigger gift tax).

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:24 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm
ddddd wrote:
The goal is "A reliable account of your livelihood means that you can prove that you have a legal way to support yourself in Finland that is enough for you to live on."

https://migri.fi/en/citizenship-applica ... of-support

Migri will ask for more if they want more than bank account statements. Based on other threads they have also wanted to see that you have handled gift tax properly (if the support was done in a way to trigger gift tax).
Thanks for your answer! Application sent :thumbsup: