Joining a language course

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Manu1991

Post by Manu1991 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:19 pm

Hi

I seek to know if a recently arrived person can join a language course. She went to register herself but it will take around 6-7 weeks to get the social security code. Can she apply for a language course before she gets her code .?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Joining a language course

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Manu1991 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:19 pm
I seek to know if a recently arrived person can join a language course. She went to register herself but it will take around 6-7 weeks to get the social security code. Can she apply for a language course before she gets her code .?
There are no social security codes. It’s a personal identity code and does not mean one has access to social security (the mistranslation is common). What’s the immigration status?

Manu1991

Post by Manu1991 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:30 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:42 pm
Manu1991 wrote:
There are no social security codes. It’s a personal identity code and does not mean one has access to social security (the mistranslation is common). What’s the immigration status?

She is here on a spouse visa. Now she has one year residence permit.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Manu1991 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:30 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:42 pm
Manu1991 wrote:
She is here on a spouse visa. Now she has one year residence permit.
It is strange she did not get the personal identity code with the residence permit, and that it takes weeks at DVV.

After she registers as unemployed jobseeker at the employment office they will draw up an integration plan with her.
Usually the integration training in the plan includes a language course followed by an internship.
The employment office will tell her when and where the integration training is organized that is part of her integration plan.