Flat for rent: what are the requirements for tenants?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 pm

I have an empty flat that I'd like to rent, what are the usual requirement that in Finland a tenant should meet? Is it common to ask just for proof of employment and recommandation from previous landlord or would be better to ask for something else? Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Flat for rent: what are the requirements for tenants?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:37 pm

:lightbulb:
Y77 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 pm
I have an empty flat that I'd like to rent, what are the usual requirement that in Finland a tenant should meet? Is it common to ask just for proof of employment and recommandation from previous landlord or would be better to ask for something else? Thanks!
Check credit records (luottotiedot). You don’t need their consent but you must inform them (GDPR compliant privacy policy).

DMC

Post by DMC » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:02 pm

The only time we have done anything like that we used an agency. Then we didn't have to worry about things like that because the agency checked income etc. They did ask us about one possible renter who did not meet some criteria or other that they usually applied and we decided not to rent to them. They then found another renter and that worked out well.

If I were renting out a property again I would use an agency again. There is a cost, obviously, but it made what could have been a difficult process very easy.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:59 pm

DMC wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:02 pm
The only time we have done anything like that we used an agency. Then we didn't have to worry about things like that because the agency checked income etc.
Some agents even guarantee that the renter will pay the rent during the first year,