Out of turn second dose corona vaccination?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
linpaco

Post by linpaco » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:45 pm

Hei,

According to THL (link at the bottom), people can get second dose of vaccination before due date (3 months). Does anyone have any experience? What are the well founded reason? or you used doctor's note? or any way?

thank you all,

https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseas ... -and-when-

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SecretCode

Re: Out of turn second dose corona vaccination?

Post by SecretCode » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:08 pm

It seems clear enough.
In Finland, the interval between doses of the mRNA vaccines is 12 weeks and for the AstraZeneca adenovirus vaccine it is 8-12 weeks.
It's 12 weeks (about 3 months) for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, and 8-12 weeks for the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine can be given already eight weeks after the first dose, because a shorter interval between doses does not slow the progression of vaccinations at the population level.
No other criteria are given, so you can just ask for it.

This also happened in Britain - original everyone had a 12 week wait but they made good progress and wanted to increase the number of people who'd has both vaccinations before this third wave we're now in, so they shortened the interval to 8 weeks.

linpaco

Post by linpaco » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:00 pm

I am aware of the rules by THL but they have also mentioned that if there are well founded personal reasons the interval of second dose can be changed
Exceptions to the 12-week interval between mRNA vaccinations are possible only for medical reasons, for example, before the start of cancer treatments, a splenectomy, or when the person's immune system is very weak. The interval between doses may also be altered for well-founded personal reasons. Such a reason does not include holiday travel, for example.
I would like to know if someone got out of turn second dose?

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:40 pm

linpaco wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:00 pm
I am aware of the rules by THL but they have also mentioned that if there are well founded personal reasons the interval of second dose can be changed
You can ask officially request it explaining your personal reason, or you can describe it here and ask people here for their opinion how they would judge your reason.

The number of people in Finland who did this is likely so small that it is unlikely you would find them here.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:21 am

Also for this reason ...

Helsinki, Espoo offer early Covid boosters for work or study abroad
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/hels ... d/11998134

inkku

Post by inkku » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:41 am

Long term work, minimum 3 months

linpaco

Post by linpaco » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:30 pm

UPDATE: Called the vaccination center and told them about sickness in the family and they changed the appointment date. Also, THL representative said that a doctors note asking for date change can be enough for date change.

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:45 pm

I have just applied for this online, since I need to travel outside of Finland for work. I'll see what they reply and when and give an update here as well.

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 pm

linpaco wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:30 pm
UPDATE: Called the vaccination center and told them about sickness in the family and they changed the appointment date. Also, THL representative said that a doctors note asking for date change can be enough for date change.
How soon is your new appointment?

linpaco

Post by linpaco » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:47 pm

rucindrea wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 pm
linpaco wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:30 pm
How soon is your new appointment?
After 4 weeks from the first dose.