Debt collection

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
NukkuMatti

Debt collection

Post by NukkuMatti » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:57 pm

Hi everyone, I had an issue with a foreigner hating Finn.

He has been convicted for a crime against me and he has been sentenced to pay me damages.
The court order says, he has to pay me damages for 2 accounts of criminal acts (2x750€) and the interest of 7% above EURIBOR, will be due as well, from the date of the verdict.

It has been for enforcement at ulosotto for ever since and I had to renew it already 2 times to keep it active, as it currently is.

His wife got 120.000€ inheritance but he has not paid a dime ever.

How would I be able to get my awarded damage payment of almost 2000€, from him?

Anyone any idea... It seems the guy keeps being jobless and without assets on purpose...he even refuses jobs offered by TE office so he gets punished with lower unemployment benefits by Kela, is there any way to have his wife pay for it hence they are married..?

Is there a way to get items from their home and have them sold to cover the due amount? Because they are married, house hold goods which are not registered on someones name, like TV's and tablets playstation and things like phones can easily add up to the amount collected or is too simply thought...

I hope you all have some useful advice for this...

Debt collection

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Debt collection

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:52 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:57 pm
Hi everyone, I had an issue with a foreigner hating Finn.

He has been convicted for a crime against me and he has been sentenced to pay me damages.
The court order says, he has to pay me damages for 2 accounts of criminal acts (2x750€) and the interest of 7% above EURIBOR, will be due as well, from the date of the verdict.

It has been for enforcement at ulosotto for ever since and I had to renew it already 2 times to keep it active, as it currently is.

His wife got 120.000€ inheritance but he has not paid a dime ever.

How would I be able to get my awarded damage payment of almost 2000€, from him?

Anyone any idea... It seems the guy keeps being jobless and without assets on purpose...he even refuses jobs offered by TE office so he gets punished with lower unemployment benefits by Kela, is there any way to have his wife pay for it hence they are married..?

Is there a way to get items from their home and have them sold to cover the due amount? Because they are married, house hold goods which are not registered on someones name, like TV's and tablets playstation and things like phones can easily add up to the amount collected or is too simply thought...

I hope you all have some useful advice for this...
There is no joint liability due to marriage (for such a debt). If he stays without assets until the time limits for enforcement, you will get nothing.

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:51 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:52 pm
There is no joint liability due to marriage (for such a debt). If he stays without assets until the time limits for enforcement, you will get nothing.
This is why Finland is a great country to be poor in, the law protects the poor and punishes the rich.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:10 pm

jaatelo wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:51 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:52 pm
This is why Finland is a great country to be poor in, the law protects the poor and punishes the rich.
If you got to change the laws, how would you write them?

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:23 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:10 pm
If you got to change the laws, how would you write them?
I would not change the law here in this instance.

Debt collection and enforcement itself costs money.

The OP better hope that the debtor finds a job soon.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:13 pm

In the country I originally come from, there is a system in place that regulates / takes care of this problem.

If a victim of a crime is awarded damages by a court verdict, the state will pay those if the perpetrator / convicted, cannot.

Is this in Finland possible?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:06 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:13 pm
In the country I originally come from, there is a system in place that regulates / takes care of this problem.

If a victim of a crime is awarded damages by a court verdict, the state will pay those if the perpetrator / convicted, cannot.

Is this in Finland possible?
https://www.valtiokonttori.fi/en/servic ... e-victims/

jaatelo

Post by jaatelo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:11 am

"You can be compensated for personal injury and suffering".

I don't suppose the OP was personally injured in this case.

I think he would spend a lot of time claiming this money and in the end it probably won't be worth the effort.

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 am

jaatelo wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:11 am

I think he would spend a lot of time claiming this money and in the end it probably won't be worth the effort.
First of all, I have time enough....
2000€ is a lot of money for me so it is always worth the effort.
The awarded damages in court were for personal injury and suffering..the standard amount was awarded of 750€ per incident.
The actual damages are even higher, (installation of an alarm system, subscription to the alarm service provider, additional security camera's etc.

So I will have a look at that page at: https://www.valtiokonttori.fi/en/servic ... e-victims/

And lets see what I can accomplish there... as jaatelo already said, it might take a lot of time but I will update the result here when I have any...FYI.

Thanks again Betelgeuse

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:07 pm

NukkuMatti wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 am
jaatelo wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:11 am

First of all, I have time enough....
2000€ is a lot of money for me so it is always worth the effort.
The awarded damages in court were for personal injury and suffering..the standard amount was awarded of 750€ per incident.
The actual damages are even higher, (installation of an alarm system, subscription to the alarm service provider, additional security camera's etc.

So I will have a look at that page at: https://www.valtiokonttori.fi/en/servic ... e-victims/

And lets see what I can accomplish there... as jaatelo already said, it might take a lot of time but I will update the result here when I have any...FYI.

Thanks again Betelgeuse
Let us know how it goes, how long it takes and whether you'd be asked to pay taxes on it.
What should have been done is to garnish a part of his social assistance to teach him a lesson, but then again rights of such societal cretins are more important these days. Gone are those days when there were consequences for actions.
Image Image