Electrician to replace broken sauna

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
masum00

Post by masum00 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:46 am

Hello,

I live in Espoo and we have our own apartment. We have a small private sauna. It is broken and we have to replace it. I will buy the new sauna. We contacted our flat maintenance company regarding this matter. They asked very high charge for this job. I don't know anybody who can help to replace it. I looking for cheaper possibilities. I don't really need any certified professional for this job. To replace the machine, the person has to remove few pieces of wood from the sauna room in order to make some space for this installation. With the correct tool and experience, it will take a few minutes job. I am looking forward to your suggestions regarding this issue. Thanks in advnace!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Electrician to replace broken sauna

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35 am

masum00 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:46 am
Hello,

I live in Espoo and we have our own apartment. We have a small private sauna. It is broken and we have to replace it. I will buy the new sauna. We contacted our flat maintenance company regarding this matter. They asked very high charge for this job. I don't know anybody who can help to replace it. I looking for cheaper possibilities. I don't really need any certified professional for this job. To replace the machine, the person has to remove few pieces of wood from the sauna room in order to make some space for this installation. With the correct tool and experience, it will take a few minutes job. I am looking forward to your suggestions regarding this issue. Thanks in advnace!
Are you looking to replace the room (sauna) or the heater (kiuas)? It seems to me you are talking about the latter rather than the former.

masum00

Post by masum00 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:59 am

Hi,

Only the heater is not working. To replace the heater (kiuas), one has to make some space to reach and replace the heater in a small congested sauna room for a maximum of 4 people. The photo will explain what I meant by a small congested sauna. Please check this link for the photo https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ISXVfv ... hsmCD/view Thanks for your response!

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:08 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35 am
masum00 wrote:
Hello,

Are you looking to replace the room (sauna) or the heater (kiuas)? It seems to me you are talking about the latter rather than the former.
Replacing kiuas won't take too long, but it certainly should be done by certified professional.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:25 pm

masum00 wrote:
Hello,

Send quotes to renovation companies near you, removal of wood implies also the wall heat shielding needs to be re-done. "With the correct tool and experience" also comes the associated price (an hourly wage and the cost of materials). Without a certified professional you might as well do it yourself, and bear the responsibility for any problems.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:08 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:25 pm
masum00 wrote:
Hello,

Send quotes to renovation companies near you, removal of wood implies also the wall heat shielding needs to be re-done. "With the correct tool and experience" also comes the associated price (an hourly wage and the cost of materials). Without a certified professional you might as well do it yourself, and bear the responsibility for any problems.
As the picture shows, and the explanation that accompanies this topic indicates, there is probably no wall removing issue, just the small wooden safety boundary of the stove before you can access the stove and it's bolts and cable. Would not even need to take away any panels to access the cable, most likely, this can be disconnected / connected inside the stove... to guarantee water tight issues will not come up later.
Therefore no worries about heat shielding in the wall...

The remaining question is that what type stove?: 1 phase or 2 phase or 3 phase, if it is a very small sauna, 1 phase could be enough, the stove will remain under 3600W (16A fuse), if the power is higher at least 2 phases are required (2 fuses of 10A each or 16A each).
Most easy for checking this is to check the fuse box, and see how many fuses are there for the stove, it should have nothing else connected to it than the stove so it's own group(s).

If you decide to do it yourself: make sure to take the fuses out / switched off before even opening anything related to a cable.
And before you switch it on, make sure ground (yellowgreen) is connected to the metal casing of the stove (so in case of a mistake, your fuses or ground leaking current switches will trip immediately).
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world