Self-quarantine and travel

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vicky2021

Post by vicky2021 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi,

I have taken one dose of Pfizer vaccine while the second is scheduled in Finland. I have a Residence permit in Finland. I am coming back to Finland.

Finentry says that I should have one PCR test after 3 days of arrival and 3 days of self-quarantine. I live in Turku.

My question/concern is, can I travel from Helsinki to Turku by Train? Am I allowed to go to the grocery during 3 days of self-quarantine?

Kiitos :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Self-quarantine and travel

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:44 pm

vicky2021 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:08 pm
I have taken one dose of Pfizer vaccine while the second is scheduled in Finland. I have a Residence permit in Finland. I am coming back to Finland.

Finentry says that I should have one PCR test after 3 days of arrival and 3 days of self-quarantine. I live in Turku.

My question/concern is, can I travel from Helsinki to Turku by Train? Am I allowed to go to the grocery during 3 days of self-quarantine?
Self-quarantine means it’s a recommendation. Regardless, there’s no reason to, for example, go the grocery store as a delivery can be ordered online.

“ We strongly recommend remaining inside and avoiding using public transport, going to your workplace, a shop or going anywhere else outside your home. It is a good idea to agree with your employer on how to avoid contacts.”

https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseas ... s-pandemic

vicky2021

Post by vicky2021 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:44 pm
vicky2021 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:08 pm

Self-quarantine means it’s a recommendation. Regardless, there’s no reason to, for example, go the grocery store as a delivery can be ordered online.

“ We strongly recommend remaining inside and avoiding using public transport, going to your workplace, a shop or going anywhere else outside your home. It is a good idea to agree with your employer on how to avoid contacts.”

https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseas ... s-pandemic
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am more concerned about using Train to Turku from Helsinki. Grocery can be ordered which may take some time but when I would reach Turku, I may need some food to eat so I may need to go grocery at least once.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:16 pm

vicky2021 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56 pm

I am more concerned about using Train to Turku from Helsinki. Grocery can be ordered which may take some time but when I would reach Turku, I may need some food to eat so I may need to go grocery at least once.
You can schedule a delivery for the time when you arrive in Turku.