annual car inspection

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
zealot

annual car inspection

Post by zealot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:10 pm

To get an annual car inspection, I went to one of the "Katsastus" and failed the test and was told that I need to go to a service station to repair few problems. I went to a service company (i.e., Vianor) and they told me that they will fix the problems and also can get the annual car inspection done. That is I don't need to go back to "Katsastus" to get tested again. My question is: do these service companies also carry out annual car inspections?

annual car inspection

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: annual car inspection

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 pm

zealot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:10 pm
To get an annual car inspection, I went to one of the "Katsastus" and failed the test and was told that I need to go to a service station to repair few problems. I went to a service company (i.e., Vianor) and they told me that they will fix the problems and also can get the annual car inspection done. That is I don't need to go back to "Katsastus" to get tested again. My question is: do these service companies also carry out annual car inspections?
They can get licensed to do so.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:41 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 pm
zealot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:10 pm
They can get licensed to do so.
Yes, or they drive the car somewhere else for an inspection, which based on the information on Vianor web page is what they're doing.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:22 am

Yes, some companies can take care of both the repairs and the katsastus.
ImageImage

Quin

Post by Quin » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:45 pm

Check what they charge you for doing the katsastus. Normally if you fail the original katsastus company would do a recheck for free or a very small amount

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:28 pm

Quin wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Check what they charge you for doing the katsastus. Normally if you fail the original katsastus company would do a recheck for free or a very small amount
Exactly, it will save you some euro's if you have it retested at the same station where it was tested when it did not pass, most likely about 20€ instead of 40-50€

That said, it might be more convenient and time saving to have all done at the same time..saves you from making a separate appointment and taking leave from work another day for the re-test.