When you apply for a Brexit permit, your right to work or study will continue while your application is being processed.

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mojo88

When you apply for a Brexit permit, your right to work or study will continue while your application is being processed.

Post by mojo88 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:20 pm

Is this a fact?

And does it apply to social security benefits too? i.e housing & unemployment benefits?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinlandGirl

Re: When you apply for a Brexit permit, your right to work or study will continue while your application is being proces

Post by FinlandGirl » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:26 am

mojo88 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:20 pm

Is this a fact?

And does it apply to social security benefits too? i.e housing & unemployment benefits?
For applications that were submitted in time nothing changes while waiting for the decision.

Usually for residence permits the rights of the previous permit continue when applying for an extension while it was still valid, but the rights are gone when there was an interruption between the latest valid permit and the application.

I would assume the same applies here, but you should ask Migri for definite information.

mojo88

Re: When you apply for a Brexit permit, your right to work or study will continue while your application is being proces

Post by mojo88 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 am

[For applications that were submitted in time nothing changes while waiting for the decision.]

In my case that will be a problem, as my application was made late, on 06.Oct.2021.
(technically only 3 days late if you exclude weekend days). :wink:

TE office has already stated yesterday that my job search & unemployment benefits has ended 30.9.21

I have submitted my brexit application and passport photo to the police electronic service via a photo company and have an appointment set on Tuesday 12th Oct 2021 at the migration office.

Hopefully they accept my late application, because I meet all the other requirements for grounds to live and work in Finland.

Also I have been working here since 2008-2019, and only recently hit hard times and became unemployed.

Though, the immigration office might reject my grounds for the late application,
(that I did not receive any notifications by email- letter -or phone, to apply again for residency).
In which case, I will need to apply for an extended permit.

[An extended permit is issued according to national law, which means that when you apply for a residence permit you will not be granted a right of residence under the withdrawal agreement.
Extended permit is a fixed-term residence permit, which is often granted on the same grounds as your first permit or right of residence.

The withdrawal agreement guarantees the status and rights of UK citizens living in Finland and their family members under EU law (such as residence, employment and social security) for life if they have settled in Finland before 1 January 2021 and subsequently continue to reside here.]

As I expected some kind of notification (about anything)! as they usually do in Finland..
But this time, it was ignored - and now I have a late application. :ohno:
Last edited by mojo88 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

FinlandGirl

Post by FinlandGirl » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:01 pm

mojo88 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 am
As I expected some kind of notification (about anything)! as they usually do in Finland..
There are in general no notifications when a residence permit expires.
mojo88 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 am
But this time, it was ignored - and now I have a late application. :ohno:
It is surprising that you were not aware of it, since anyone who has been reading either British or Finnish news for at least some time during the past 4 years has heard many times that EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens in the EU had to register for keeping their rights after Brexit.