Citizenship Application 2022

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
SMUN

Re: Citizenship Application 2022

Post by SMUN » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:11 am

[/quote]
Hi :)
3 years maximum waiting period I know some guy we went school together working same company and he is from Ethiopia he applied 01.2.2020. Still waiting a good guy who is working and paying taxes because his African because he doesn’t have blue eyes he could get decision like Ukraine’s get in one day. It’s kind a joke shameful .They know should first process the existing file. We are waiting for decisions for more than that a year some of them 2 years a then over . Migri never speeding up the service if you Muhammed Abdul whatever. They are waiting for you too commit the crime so they can kick ur ass easily. Need to be patient.
[/quote]

Spot on! Been saying this for a long time. The same is the case with the country list. Imo, the only reason for delaying it for 2-3 years is to wait for those applicants to commit something. Be it a traffic violation, a mark on the name, or anything so that they can be told to clear their names, apply again and get in the line. There have been cases where they made people wait for two years before telling them that a certain certificate that the applicant submitted as an equivalent to yki test is not acceptable. Then they tell them they have 2 weeks to submit yki test. I mean seriously.

Take the case of the guy who was working in wolt. People have been saying what's the big deal, he can challenge the decision in court and apply again. The point is, that the guy is working day/night to bring his family here with him. Who knows how long he is already been waiting for this decision. Now this will be challenged in the court which will take a year at least. The migri will then again take the court decision and process it. If he is lucky to get a favorable decision, he will then apply for a family visa which will again take a year or two. So it wasnt just a negative decsion, he was actually slapped with another waiting period of 2-3 years. You can not understand the pain if you are not experiencing it. For the authorities it is just a decision and for the applicants, it is a daily struggle.

It is a policy that is unwritten, perhaps unsaid as well among the circles but it is sadly such.
Last edited by SMUN on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mani121

Post by mani121 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:51 pm

yrtti wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:30 pm
Mamu wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:30 am
I know some guy we went school together working same company and he is from Ethiopia he applied 01.2.2020. Still waiting a good guy who is working and paying taxes because his African because he doesn’t have blue eyes he could get decision like Ukraine’s get in one day. It’s kind a joke shameful.
Ethiopia isn't actively getting bombed like Ukraine is... why is it so hard for people to keep the stupid racist comments out of this thread? Makes me feel quite ashamed that we are indoctrinating people like this into being citizens, like I have to share citizenship with a bunch of openly racist and xenophobic people who make comments like this. Please tell me you are joking about the eye colour comment. It has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Btw 90% of Africans are sitting in this country doing absolutely nothing except having ~6 children and taking KELA support. Plus there is 100x more of them coming than from Ukraine. Ukrainians we are taking now are like 95% women and children also who have just recently lost their homes, husbands and family. Ukraine and Finland have also had openly better relations for a long time than Ethiopia and Finland. Finland and Ukraine it is give<>take. There is only take from Ethiopia<Finland, so maybe think before you write such stupid comments. Even better, why don't you speak to someone from Ukraine and ask them how it is going for them :)

EDIT: According to this, Ethiopians shouldn't even be able to apply for asylum. That's a lot safer than other countries which you cannot apply for asylum form at all. I can actually fly to Ethiopia tomorrow if I want. No one can fly to Ukraine now though.
Yes we can see from the recent case of an African who earned more than usual and got rejected just because he is better than most people here. While some people are blaming them to be less productive than them. Passing this comment you proved to be bigger hypocrite and racist than the person you are quoting. Now you have jumped into this, you must give some reference that 90% of them are not working and sitting at home. If you share the reference, we all must agree with you, but if not then stop trying to be Wikipedia of everything and playing the devil advocate role here.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 pm

yrtti wrote:
Mamu wrote:
I know some guy we went school together working same company and he is from Ethiopia he applied 01.2.2020. Still waiting a good guy who is working and paying taxes because his African because he doesn’t have blue eyes he could get decision like Ukraine’s get in one day. It’s kind a joke shameful.
Ethiopia isn't actively getting bombed like Ukraine is... why is it so hard for people to keep the stupid racist comments out of this thread? Makes me feel quite ashamed that we are indoctrinating people like this into being citizens, like I have to share citizenship with a bunch of openly racist and xenophobic people who make comments like this. Please tell me you are joking about the eye colour comment. It has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Btw 90% of Africans are sitting in this country doing absolutely nothing except having ~6 children and taking KELA support. Plus there is 100x more of them coming than from Ukraine. Ukrainians we are taking now are like 95% women and children also who have just recently lost their homes, husbands and family. Ukraine and Finland have also had openly better relations for a long time than Ethiopia and Finland. Finland and Ukraine it is give<>take. There is only take from Ethiopia<Finland, so maybe think before you write such stupid comments. Even better, why don't you speak to someone from Ukraine and ask them how it is going for them :)

EDIT: According to this, Ethiopians shouldn't even be able to apply for asylum. That's a lot safer than other countries which you cannot apply for asylum form at all. I can actually fly to Ethiopia tomorrow if I want. No one can fly to Ukraine now though.
Migri exclude those who live here don't help their own people Who pay taxes I see a front view zero government
Truth hurts.

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:07 pm

mani121 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:51 pm
yrtti wrote:
Mamu wrote:

Yes we can see from the recent case of an African who earned more than usual and got rejected just because he is better than most people here. While some people are blaming them to be less productive than them. Passing this comment you proved to be bigger hypocrite and racist than the person you are quoting. Now you have jumped into this, you must give some reference that 90% of them are not working and sitting at home. If you share the reference, we all must agree with you, but if not then stop trying to be Wikipedia of everything and playing the devil advocate role here.
You are yourself racist already said here : Btw 90% of Africans are sitting in this country doing absolutely nothing except having ~6 children and taking KELA support.
Ukrainian suck all the money those African not allowed?
Why not? Respect yourself!!

AidenPou

Post by AidenPou » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:51 pm

all statements here are making me really sad.

I believe it is easy to point fingers at people and call them names. What is hard and correct is to sit down with people and listen to their pains.

Migration on any circumstance is difficult decision, we all immigrants here and with any shape or form we felt the pain. But it is way harder when it forced on you. So let's have more understanding toward the refugees, regardless of where they came from, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq or Africa. and do NOT disrespect them. If living at home was an option for them, I am sure many of them would chose.

On the other hand, we all know about the systematic racism of Migri. That's been obvious and there is no new news here. But that doesn't give us permission to add to other peoples pain or be racist toward people in need or each other. Migri is the problem NOT the people.

I am myself waiting for 15 months now. My stress level is on the roof. I can also admit that at times I fall into the victim hood and frustration, and said something out of my character. But trust me calling each other names not only doesn't solve anything but it adds to our pain.

So it is up to you, you can keep fighting to control something that is out of your hand. Or, in one way or another be in peace with it and let go.

From bottom of my heart, I hope everyone get a positive decision soon.

browndude

Post by browndude » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

AidenPou wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:51 pm
all statements here are making me really sad.

I believe it is easy to point fingers at people and call them names. What is hard and correct is to sit down with people and listen to their pains.

Migration on any circumstance is difficult decision, we all immigrants here and with any shape or form we felt the pain. But it is way harder when it forced on you. So let's have more understanding toward the refugees, regardless of where they came from, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq or Africa. and do NOT disrespect them. If living at home was an option for them, I am sure many of them would chose.

On the other hand, we all know about the systematic racism of Migri. That's been obvious and there is no new news here. But that doesn't give us permission to add to other peoples pain or be racist toward people in need or each other. Migri is the problem NOT the people.

I am myself waiting for 15 months now. My stress level is on the roof. I can also admit that at times I fall into the victim hood and frustration, and said something out of my character. But trust me calling each other names not only doesn't solve anything but it adds to our pain.

So it is up to you, you can keep fighting to control something that is out of your hand. Or, in one way or another be in peace with it and let go.

From bottom of my heart, I hope everyone get a positive decision soon.
Curious to know, on what basis do you say that Migir is systematically racist? This seems to be a buzzword that is being thrown around a lot nowadays.
ImageImage

AidenPou

Post by AidenPou » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:22 pm

[quote=browndude post_id=599454 time=1654195458 user_id=36367]
Curious to know, on what basis do you say that Migir is systematically racist? This seems to be a buzzword that is being thrown around a lot nowadays.
[/quote]

Base on, lack of basic transparency on applications, and how the queue works. it seems different people have different experience with Migri. It well could be that I am wrong and Migri is well behaved. After all I don't have anything to proof my point, otherwise I would had a case and could go to court and fight there.

I hope I am wrong about Migri. But not having basic transparency is a main issue I would say.

ddddd

Post by ddddd » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:20 pm

I don't know why people here bother replying and interacting with this yrtti fellow. Go through his posts. All he does is attack people who (understandably) have been waiting months and years for decisions and simply want to understand what is going. And he does this while speaking authoritatively on matters that he knows nothing about because he is literally just another random applicant like we all are. His latest racist post about Africans sitting at home on Kela is just the icing on the cake to show you what type of fellow you are dealing with here. We are the ones who should be ashamed of sharing citizenship with such a closeminded bigot. And if those Africans bother you so much, go ahead and withdraw your application.

It's okay to come here and vent. That's the point of this forum thread. It is also okay to ask questions about why certain groups of people are treated worse than others by immigration services. I just wish we could also progress and start considering legal solutions to some of these issues. I don't understand why some people think we should all just lie back and accept the crumbs that migri offers us every once in a while. Because how dare we immigrants ask questions or point out discrepancies? Is it so difficult to understand that you can love/enjoy living in a place and still see its problems and want to see it improve for the people coming after you?

Smut

Post by Smut » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:39 am

mani121 wrote:
yrtti wrote:
Mamu wrote:

Btw 90% of Africans are sitting in this country doing absolutely nothing except having ~6 children and taking KELA support.

These has to be the most stupid and most malicious statement that you have made...have you gone to all the study institutions in these country and realised how many africans are getting an education,have you visitedany hospital recently both doctors and nurses many are africans,ohh and before i forget even wolt and foodora and cleaning , majority are africans..please Also educate yourself.. these has been an old narrative here in finland about africans,we all know what you are trying to imply..you had started quite well but your racist comment about africans has you cancelled and disqualified to engage further on this topic.

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:18 am

AidenPou wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:22 pm
browndude wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Base on, lack of basic transparency on applications, and how the queue works. it seems different people have different experience with Migri. It well could be that I am wrong and Migri is well behaved. After all I don't have anything to proof my point, otherwise I would had a case and could go to court and fight there.

I hope I am wrong about Migri. But not having basic transparency is a main issue I would say.
Yes, I agree there is not much transparency, I would like to see more. I suspect they are able to maintain this level of secrecy due to security concerns. I very much doubt this is due to blatant racism. The current situtation in your country of origin certainly seems to have an impact on how long the process takes. Having said that, I have seen people from the countries from the list get their application processed faster than those from EU countries. I do think it is a combo. of factors and not just racism. I think they want to prevent e.g. criminals from getting citizenship since it is far easier to deport non-citizens. At present, no matter what crimes someone commits, ones citizenship cannot be revoked.
ImageImage

Maaria

Post by Maaria » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:02 pm

browndude wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:18 am
AidenPou wrote:
browndude wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Yes, I agree there is not much transparency, I would like to see more. I suspect they are able to maintain this level of secrecy due to security concerns. I very much doubt this is due to blatant racism. The current situtation in your country of origin certainly seems to have an impact on how long the process takes. Having said that, I have seen people from the countries from the list get their application processed faster than those from EU countries. I do think it is a combo. of factors and not just racism. I think they want to prevent e.g. criminals from getting citizenship since it is far easier to deport non-citizens. At present, no matter what crimes someone commits, ones citizenship cannot be revoked.
But according to this information from the Interior Ministry, citizenship can be revoked due to serious crimes.

https://intermin.fi/en/-/vakaviin-rikok ... alaisuuden

browndude

Post by browndude » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:08 pm

Maaria wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:02 pm
browndude wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:18 am
AidenPou wrote:

But according to this information from the Interior Ministry, citizenship can be revoked due to serious crimes.

https://intermin.fi/en/-/vakaviin-rikok ... alaisuuden
You are correct, according to the Migri website, you can lose your citizenship under certain cases "only if he or she is also a citizen of another country and has sufficient de facto ties to this country". Perhaps this is also a factor in how they decide whose application gets more scrutiny. i.e. how easy it is to kick them out if they misbehave too much :lol:

https://migri.fi/en/citizenship#:~:text ... t%20intent.

"Can you lose your citizenship due to crime?
A person who is found guilty of certain serious offences can lose his or her Finnish citizenship. Such offences include treason, high treason and offences against the vital interests of Finland committed with terrorist intent.

An individual can lose his or her citizenship only if he or she is also a citizen of another country and has sufficient de facto ties to this country. "
ImageImage

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:02 pm

Mamu wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:07 pm
mani121 wrote:
yrtti wrote:

You are yourself racist already said here : Btw 90% of Africans are sitting in this country doing absolutely nothing except having ~6 children and taking KELA support.
Ukrainian suck all the money those African not allowed?
Why not? Respect yourself!!
I love all these people that jump on the benefits band wagon you are one of them also .I'm a myself working and pay all of my bills and take care of my child so Universal Credit is a small top up which I don't get every month as deemed as earning too much some months so don't presume we are all lazy dole scroungers !!

hellofelicia

Post by hellofelicia » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:51 pm

yrtti wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am
Why do you need citizenship so badly? You moved here from India years ago. You have been working here for ages. You currently have a job. Why are you in such a rush? I am genuinely curious. I would understand if you were an asylum seeker, that would be totally different. But citizenship? It's a privilege.
I'm not the poster but why shouldn't we expect that the applications are dealt with in a timely manner? Everyone here has paid the same application fee as people before us, we don't get any discounts for longer processing times, yet today it's taking Migri almost a year to process the same applications that were processed in 5 months only a couple of years ago. As far as I can see in this forum, no one is demanding to be given the citizen status, but expecting that the applications are processed without unjust delays is reasonable.

mani121

Post by mani121 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:44 pm

yrtti wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:24 am
Mamu wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:07 pm
Facts are racist now huh? Wow I didn't get that memo. :lol:
AidenPou wrote:
On the other hand, we all know about the systematic racism of Migri. That's been obvious and there is no new news here.
Yet you have never known any shred of evidence that Migri discriminates at all. Just complaints because you have been waiting a long time. :roll:
AidenPou wrote:
Why do you need citizenship so badly? You moved here from India years ago. You have been working here for ages. You currently have a job. Why are you in such a rush? I am genuinely curious. I would understand if you were an asylum seeker, that would be totally different. But citizenship? It's a privilege.
AidenPou wrote:
Why do they need to give you this information? Also how is it racist to NOT give this information?

You say you have no proof of anything, but still you throw these accusations around that Migri is racist. Do you maybe now start to understand how stupid you sound?

The reason for lack of "transparency" as you call it, is because then it would be even easier for people to 'game the system' and figure out ways to exploit it. No country on earth gives more transparency about citizenship applications. Of course you are free at any time to prove me wrong with actual evidence of the contrary. I am always open to learning new facts.

Also: https://ulkomaalaistaustaisethelsingiss ... employment
The employment rate of 20–64-year-old population with foreign background was 62.4 per cent among men and 52.8 among women.
Pitiful numbers for working age persons. There can be only one answer, get a job even if it is delivering food. People can throw the "racist" accusation around all day but facts speak for themselves. 8)
For him/her whatever the reason is, why are YOU here in this thread? If you have applied for the citizenship and can wait for years for decision to come then just get lost from here. Who are you to ask others why they are in rush. Almost everyone here is wishing for their decision to come asap with different reasons in their life. Again, stop pointing fingers on others and be a sensible member of the platform.