Hiya, any Singaporeans out there?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mightymite

Post by mightymite » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:25 pm

Hmm...is there anyone out here who hails from the tiny tropical island? ..or from neighbouring Malaysia, with whom we always seem to have a love-hate relationship? :twisted:

email me directly at [email protected] and we can set up a "rendang nite" :P

Cheers,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:39 pm

Does that include rambutan and other forbidden juicy fruits? :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

mightymite

Post by mightymite » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:33 pm

Hank W. wrote:Does that include rambutan and other forbidden juicy fruits? :mrgreen:
Heheh.. u probably mean durian,the "King of Fruits" (or the God of Fruits as this site would have u believe http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~durian/) No, I don't have any at home..and I think Finnair will probably chuck my luggage out in midair if I sneak one in :P

Thanks Hank, that's a cool idea :lol: I'll buy some frozen durian from Vii Voan to make some dessert...

Cheers,

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:33 pm

Ah, yes, "the fruit"... you could take a can of Swedish fermented herring (surströmming) with you and start eating it in a park.... DURIAN DURIAN!

I promise to come bring ice after you get caned for it though :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:46 pm

Welcome, Mightymite!
Hank W. wrote:Ah, yes, "the fruit"... you could take a can of Swedish fermented herring (surströmming) with you and start eating it in a park.... DURIAN DURIAN!

I promise to come bring ice after you get caned for it though :mrgreen:
Lol! I have a Swedish friend near me and we've several times planned having a can of surströmming (hapansilakka in Finnish). He says it doesn't smell so bad, if you open the can under running water.

mightymite

Post by mightymite » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:34 pm

Juha H. wrote:... a can of surströmming (hapansilakka in Finnish). ......
hmm, I'd love to try that!! :P Reminds me of an incident a couple of months ago- I brought some dried shrimps from Singapore as part of my 'essentials' and his mum (Finnish), whom we were bunking with then, tied them in triple bags and hid them into a corner because they smell so 'bad' :lol: I bet given the chance, she'd have put my beloved shrimps a few hundred meters below the earth's crust with the nuclear wastes...

Anyhow, some asian foods smell really strong but are truly good tasting. It's all in the nose of the connoisseur, I guess :ochesey:

Cheers,