Hi all.

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Thomas Koren

Hi all.

Post by Thomas Koren » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:00 pm

Just discovered this forum, and wanted to say hi to all.
Nice place here, good info and all.

Okay, bit about me:
I am Thomas Koren, 25 year old Dutch Guy, and I have moved to helsinki recently because I wanted to live together with my girlfriend. Currently looking for a job to be able to stay here as well.

Hi all.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:13 pm

Tervetuloa, theres a few Dutch people on here, Tom & Jerry, Meenfreem and jvrijn are the ones i've met. I think there are a couple of others too!

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:33 pm

Weren't Arno and Majava or Bever (I can't remember) also from the Netherlands?
Anyhow, one of those played snooker. Here is your chance:

Friday 12 september om 19.00 u in bar Pullman,

Several dutch speaking people will meet with the sole target to get drunk, to play card and to play snooker (in that order).

(centraal spoorwegstation, op de tweede verdieping )

eh... er wordt daar alleen maar Nederlands gesproken, bij uitzondering een paar Finse of Vlaamse woorden, Altijd leuk om een biertje te drinken....Welkom!

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:28 pm

Welcome! As it happens, I had a Finnish/Dutch couple from Amsterdam visiting me this summer.

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:52 pm

Welcome Thomas!

There must be something magical about the Dutch man - Finnish woman combination :-)

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:05 pm

BAT wrote:Welcome Thomas!

There must be something magical about the Dutch man - Finnish woman combination :-)
The bed and the ears?

Dutch learn languages in the bed and on the long term they become deaf, to avoid the nagging and to extend their healthy life. .... Is that magic?

Nearly 80% of the Dutch who came to Finland are married to a Finnish lady, who are all charming one way or the other, etc....

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:09 pm

Welcome to the board!! 8)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:19 pm

Sorry about the double post, don't know how to delete the extra one...

Yes, it is amazing how many Dutch men are here for their Finnish women. Do we have any Dutch women out there who are here for their Finnish men?

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:28 pm

Yes, several dozens. One even living near Utsjoki, the utmost northern place in Finland, but not on this forum.
I can't speak for them though. Wasn't there on this forum a Dutch girl from Edinbourg who wanted to move to Finland?

Sara

Post by Sara » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:17 pm

BAT wrote:Sorry about the double post, don't know how to delete the extra one...

Yes, it is amazing how many Dutch men are here for their Finnish women. Do we have any Dutch women out there who are here for their Finnish men?
hee hee I deleted it for you BAT!

BTW I love your avatar! :D

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:22 pm

[quote="Sara]BTW I love your avatar! [/quote]

BAT found the "vantaa man" :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Majava

Post by Majava » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:16 pm

Tom and Jerry wrote:Weren't Arno and Majava or Bever (I can't remember) also from the Netherlands?
I sure am! But I am not the one who plays snooker. I actually do, sometimes, but (I hope) that went unnoticed...

Welcome, Thomas! I wish you lots of luck, you'll need it, but coming here already says you must be a man of character - or an ignorant fool! :wink:

This forum can be very helpful. For me it was not so much in a practical way, but because the posters here are realists that won't tell you fairy tales.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:11 am

Once upon a time there was a country up north where the climate was pleasant, salaries high, taxes and bureaucracy nonexistant...

:mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Thomas Koren

Thanks

Post by Thomas Koren » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:38 am

Thanks for all the encouraging words :D

I am happy there is a place where i can spew all my ignorence and ask questions.

Tom&Jerry, thanks for the invitation, but at this time, I am on a low budget, and not able to go to pubs yet, especially the more expensive ones in the center. As soon as I get a job and am a bit more settled, I would be delighted to come there and have a chat with you guys/girls.(een biertje gaat er altijd wel in).

If anyone sees or knows a job for me, please tell, I would do anything rather than stay at home for even one more day.....

I've worked in restaurants and pubs as well as doing 3 years of tech. support on computers and build and repair of pc's. Speaking English, Dutch and German fluently as well.

Samppa

Post by Samppa » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:39 am

Hank W. wrote:Once upon a time there was a country up north where the climate was pleasant, salaries high, taxes and bureaucracy nonexistant...

:mrgreen:
Errr.... Canada? :lol: