Be careful with overspeeding

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:34 pm

In case you didn't know: Overspeeding can be VERY expensive in Finland.

http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/tuoreet/ ... 3886881936

:oops:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:57 pm

Yep the more you earn the more you pay..how much was your fine Gavin....ouch..could have bought those new bed spreads that M wanted...
but it was not as much as these guys.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1759791.stm

http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20000804xx4

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:09 pm

We'd only need to

- get Bill Gates here for a visit.
- lend him one of the Rytsölä lamborghinis
- have a radar
- take care of the National Deficit :D
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:16 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:Yep the more you earn the more you pay..

Ha! In that case I should be overspeeding big time.
They would have to pay ME money... :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:24 pm

They had their Radar trap set up on the E11 to Turku this morning at 07.30.
I was cruising at 100 and was over taken by 2 gravel lorries and an express bus all doing 130+, despite 100Kph limits sticker on them.
They pulled the two lorries, probably knew they were running on bald tires also, but ignored the express bus..probably the policeman's brother in law driving the bus.

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:32 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:Yep the more you earn the more you pay..how much was your fine Gavin....ouch..could have bought those new bed spreads that M wanted...
Yeah. And the rest of the bedroom refurbishment :cry:

Glad you reminded me. I've been getting a bit of the old redline feever again lately. Better cool it again.

Hey! But I'll be driving a hirecar with a Finnish driving licence in the UK Ye-ha! try and put points on THAT :wink:

Cheers
Gavin

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:33 pm

Peter Floyd wrote: They pulled the two lorries, probably knew they were running on bald tires also, but ignored the express bus..probably the policeman's brother in law driving the bus.

You find that kind of effective policy everywhere.
Busses and taxidrivers seemed to have a protected status, up to a certain extend at least...

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:35 pm

gavin wrote: Hey! But I'll be driving a hirecar with a Finnish driving licence in the UK Ye-ha! try and put points on THAT :wink:

That's pretty sh :oops: tty in Holland: you get a fine registered on the license plate, so if you're driving someone else's car, the owner of the car gets the fine.
In Finland it's so that no matter who's car you're driving, YOU get the fine.
I think that's a very good rule.

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:59 pm

Arno wrote:
gavin wrote: Hey! But I'll be driving a hirecar with a Finnish driving licence in the UK Ye-ha! try and put points on THAT :wink:

That's pretty sh :oops: tty in Holland: you get a fine registered on the license plate, so if you're driving someone else's car, the owner of the car gets the fine.
In Finland it's so that no matter who's car you're driving, YOU get the fine.
I think that's a very good rule.
In the UK you get a fixed penalty fine, and points on your licence. E.g. 3 points for speeding. Collect 12 points, and they take your licence away...

In Finland, do they keep just fining you bigger and bigger amounts, or if they catch you sppeding 3 or 4 times, will they revoke your licence???

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:02 pm

gavin wrote:In Finland, do they keep just fining you bigger and bigger amounts, or if they catch you sppeding 3 or 4 times, will they revoke your licence???
I don't know... I guess it depends on the way you overspeed... If you get fined 5 times for overspeeding with 10kms they wouldn't take the license...

Does anyone know?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:12 pm

Arno wrote:[If you get fined 5 times for overspeeding with 10kms they wouldn't take the license...

Does anyone know?
Yes they take it away if you offend three times in one year.
The length of time depnds on how bad you have been..e.g 10KPH would probably be 3 months.
I know that it is also possible to get a shorter suspension if you get your boss to say that you must have your licence to be able to work.

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:52 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:
Arno wrote:[If you get fined 5 times for overspeeding with 10kms they wouldn't take the license...

Does anyone know?
Yes they take it away if you offend three times in one year.
The length of time depnds on how bad you have been..e.g 10KPH would probably be 3 months.
I know that it is also possible to get a shorter suspension if you get your boss to say that you must have your licence to be able to work.
Also with more than 30 km/h or at dangerous spots with more than 30 km/h.

Homie Azteca

Post by Homie Azteca » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Here is one story that happened to my friend. Not about speeding though.

My friend and his girlfriend went out with some friends, and then well, of course my friend starts drinking, then at some point his girlfriend decide he had enough alcohol and they should go home, so she asked him for the keys, and as all drunk people he said: "I'm not drunk, I can drive", of course she knows that he can barelly stand by himself, then she starts telling him a story about how he could get in troubles if the police stop them and all that (like when you want to convince some little kid), so he agrees, and she starts driving, but CAREFUL, don't let any woman behind the wheel if she doesn't know how to drive!! After a couple of blocks, she drives the car into a light pole ... she is freaking out, so my friends says: "No problem, let the police come and they'll fix it", she starts shouting and s*t, and asked him to move the car out of the pole, he sits down, drives back and in 2 seconds the police arrives (why the police comes whenever you don't need it), and charged him for driving while drunk. Got a huuuuuuuuuuge fine for the light pole and after 2 weeks in jail, they manage to clear the thing that he wasn't driving.

So, don't take any chances, drive safe and stay on the road!!
El Mariachi Loco quiere bailar!!

arty fact

Post by arty fact » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:53 am

Perhaps someone can explain to me, why pepole hate scooter users to the point they can throw themselves in front of a regular mopedist and put their hand against his chest, though the signs show "salittu mopoille"? Of course nothing is said when 3 local kids ride on the same mopo, no helmet, no rules... Homie Azteca, sorry for the jailed friend... that's drastic!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:06 pm

Scooter users are like bikers.

I've been biking all my life (as a proper Dutch person) and with my BMX-racing experience I was probably one of the more dangerous bikers on the road.
I noticed only exactly HOW dangerous bikers and scooter users are when I got my driver's license and started driving a car myself.

They don't look at anything. Just go over and in between and in front of everything without checking if they can actually go.

Maybe that's a reason?