English language books or newspapers in Oulu?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Bob Hamilton

Post by Bob Hamilton » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:25 pm

A couple of questions: (1) How good is the selection of English language books in the Oulu public library? (2) Is there a place to buy English-language books or magazines or newspapers in Oulu? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:33 pm

Here you can search Oulu libary online for books.

Donald

Re: English language books or newspapers in Oulu?

Post by Donald » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:45 pm

Bob Hamilton wrote:A couple of questions: (1) How good is the selection of English language books in the Oulu public library? (2) Is there a place to buy English-language books or magazines or newspapers in Oulu? Thanks in advance for any help.
The train station / airport, any university bookstore, Stockman's...

What type of computer access do you have? modem, cable, adsl How often?

kalmisto

Re: English language books or newspapers in Oulu?

Post by kalmisto » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:32 pm

Bob Hamilton wrote:A couple of questions: (1) How good is the selection of English language books in the Oulu public library? (2) Is there a place to buy English-language books or magazines or newspapers in Oulu? Thanks in advance for any help.

You can buy English books in Suomalainen Kirjakauppa and many other bookstores. The City Library has a lot of books and magazines in English.

You can see Suomalainen Kirjakauppa in this panorama picture :

http://www.panoraama.com/live/quickmov/ ... norama.htm

The Oulu Home Page ( in English ) at :

http://oulu.ouka.fi/english/index.html

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:53 am

The library here in Oulu is very good. Its down in the market area and has all the major English speaking newspapers and I've been told it has an extensive selection of English books. The bookshops also have a few racks of English books too and I'm sure they could get hold of anythinkg you needed. If you are feeling a little less intellectual, several of the bars in town have copies of some of the more gutteral English papers. Good for half an hour with a pint after work! :)