Public Clothes Wash Place?Thing?:)lol

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:27 pm

There is one on Haltiantie in Louhela (near Myyrmäki) that I know of. I don't know if this is close to you - what area do you live in?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:46 pm

No problem :-) Our washing machine is sounding odd, so who knows... maybe I might have to head to Haltiantie myself at some point... :(

MinnaRaisanen

washing machine

Post by MinnaRaisanen » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:23 pm

Katrina, Welcome to Finland!

Don't the buildings where you guys live (if you're in apartment complexes) have a 'Pesu Tupa' that you can use?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:36 pm

There is a place on the third floor in Myyrmäki. Called SOL I have taken stuff there for dry cleaning and they seem to have a laundry service..there are several pesu koneita ..but I dont think it is self service. I think the idea is you dump your wash go shopping..have a beer or three ...then go collect it.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:41 pm

Its cheaper to go across to 'kurjuustalo' to buy new clothes than take them to SOL.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

PeterF

Re: washing machine

Post by PeterF » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:45 pm

MinnaRaisanen wrote:Don't apartment complexes have a 'Pesu Tupa' that you can use?
Tupa = hut??? :roll: In Myyrmäki we have tough women they use the Vantaa jöki!!That how BAT did her back..LOL
The new appartments do have their own laundry rooms complete with pesu kone, but in Myyrmäki the idea of washing clothes is apparently a new concept, so the older places there is just a drying room and for the previledged few. :roll: .A Mangeling Machine! :roll:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:09 pm

Come now, Myyrmäki is not the "edge" of Vantaa. Pähkinärinne is :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.