Estonian women and Finnish women!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
nidhal

Post by nidhal » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 am

Hi guys!
Something i don´t understand it about the relation between Finnish and Estonian women! they don´t like each other! i know that some people think that Estonian women steal Finnish men! but what i see it´s not always like that ! i see that Estonian women are more beautiful and better looking then Finnish women! i wonder know some opinions about that! ps: I´m a foreigner live in Finland and i´m not Estonian :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tiwaz

Re: Estonian women and Finnish women!

Post by Tiwaz » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 am

It's like this... In certain Hanky sense.

Finnish women want to be free to get any man they want. Exotic or not.

But finnish man is not, in opinion of finnish woman, supposed to mate with anyone but finnish woman.

Estonian women are nearby, look good often and so forth. And with little cultural and language barriers they are more easily approached by finnish male.

Thus, they are threat to perfect world order of finnish woman by giving finnish men another option.

For record, I have dated estonian woman but am happily in relationship with finnish one these days. Even share house mortgage with her.

So I have no personal issue at stake.

Iseult

Post by Iseult » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:55 pm

Well, my understanding (as a Finnish woman) of the situation is this: both Finnish and Estonian women view each other with jealousy and suspicion.

Finnish women are jealous of Estonians because they usually dress in a more feminine way, and suspicious because they often look tarty and impractical (which Finnish women tend to see as a sad/pathetic attempt to please men) and, let's face it, many of the prostitutes and "exotic dancers" in Finland are Estonians. Then there are women like Anu Saagim who is very vocal in her criticism of Finnish women, which of course doesn't go down well in Finland.

Estonian women seem to be jealous of Finnish women because they "dare" to dress in whatever they want and as comfortably as they want, they're not dependant on their husbands and they tend to have decent jobs with good pay (by Estonian standards anyway). Estonians view Finns with suspicion because they don't fit into their perceived idea of what a woman should look like or how she should behave at all times. By the way, when it comes to actual looks, I don't think there is much difference between Finns and Estonians. Certainly they dress differently, but otherwise.

I think both nationalities view themselves as superior to the other by their own standards, and this makes the bridge difficult to cross.

I can't say I agree with Tiwaz - I don't think Finnish women are worried about Finnish men going for the Estonians. I think Finnish women are more concerned about it becoming the norm (again) that a woman who doesn't wear sexy/vulnerable clothing is not a woman at all. This seems to be the mindset of Estonian (and Russian) women. I love wearing cute skirts and heels, but I don't do so to fulfill a role in the society.

Few things are more worrying than an otherwise smart man who is thrilled about having found a woman who is at his beck and call and dresses to please him. Especially such men who go on to pretend that this is the natural order of things.
Finland -> Australia -> Finland -> Canada -> Finland -> the UK -> Finland

Pride

Post by Pride » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:51 pm

And "The Most Beautiful Award" goes to.........

Finnish Ladies!

Claps!
Claps!
Claps!
Kippis!

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Iseult wrote: I think both nationalities view themselves as superior to the other by their own standards, and this makes the bridge difficult to cross..
which then again the standards in other things are so close, people are amazed "how can someone act this way" when in 9 things out of 10 the logic works the same way or "close enough" to be familiar.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

mardy

Post by mardy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Iseult wrote:By the way, when it comes to actual looks, I don't think there is much difference between Finns and Estonians. Certainly they dress differently, but otherwise.
Just some kilos here and there... ;-)
--
http://photo.mardy.it <-- My photography pages
http://www.mardy.it <-- geek in un lingua international!

Iseult

Post by Iseult » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:13 pm

mardy wrote:Just some kilos here and there... ;-)
After moving back from the UK earlier this year, Finnish ladies look downright slim! :D

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:37 pm

The Finns, though intellectually most interesting, are not as a rule attractive in person. Generally small of stature, thickset with high cheek-bones, and eyes inherited from theri Tartar-Mongolian ancestors, they cannot be considered good-looking; while the peculiar manner in which the blonde male peasants cut their hair is not becoming to their sunburnt skins, which are generally a brilliant red, especially about the neck where it appears below the light, fluffy, downy locks. Fat men are not uncommon; and their fatness is too frequently of a kind to make one shudder, for it resembles dropsy, and is, as a rule, the outcome of liqueur drinking, a very pernicious habit, in which many Finlanders indulge to exess. There are men in Suomi -dozens of them- so fat that no healthy Englishman could attain such dimensions; one of them will completely occupy the seat of an isvoschtschik, while the amount of adipose tissue his wrists and cheeks seems absolutely incredible when seen for the first time, and one wonders how any chair or carriage bear such a weight. Inordinately fat men are certainly one of the least pleasing of Finland's peculiarities.
Mrs. Alex Tweedie, Through Finland in Carts 1898
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Beauty in general : Estonian women, hands down.
Image Image

finnman9999

Post by finnman9999 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:46 am

HI THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN FINN WOMEN AND ESTONIA WOMEN, IVE LIVED IN TALLINN AND RUSSIA AND NOW FINLAND FOR MANY YEARS IM AMERICAN AND HALF CANADIAN NO WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU FIND WOMEN LIKE THE FINN WOMEN, BUT UNTIL THE FINN WOMEN DROP THIS STUFF THAT THEY WANT TO BE INDEPENDANT AND THEY DON,T NEED A HUSBAND THEY WILL HAVE NOTHING AND LIVE A POOR LIFE, LOOK AT A FINN WOMENS BANK ACCOUNT, LOOK TO SEE IF THEY RENT A FLAT OR OWN A HOME, FINN MEN DO YOUR SELF A BIG DEAD GO FIND A RUSSIAN WOMEN LIKE I DID GREAT WIFE, THEY WILL DO AS YOU ASK, THEY NEVER PULL THIS CRAP WE WANT TO BE INDEPENDANT, WE DON,T NEED A HUSBAND, MY BEST FRIEND IS A NEWS PERSON ON THE AIR AT YLE SHE MAKES LIKE 20.000 EURO A YEAR BUT SHE WANTS NO HUSBAND VERY DUM GIRL, SMART IN MANY WAYS BUT VERY DUM, FINN GIRLS WILL NEVER HAVE NOTHING BUT THEY WILL HAVE INDEPENDANTS, I LOVE FINLAND AND LOVE THE PEOPLE BUT PLEASE LADIES GET SMART,

Iseult

Post by Iseult » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 am

finnman9999 wrote:GO FIND A RUSSIAN WOMEN LIKE I DID GREAT WIFE, THEY WILL DO AS YOU ASK, THEY NEVER PULL THIS CRAP WE WANT TO BE INDEPENDANT
I rest my case.

sinikala

Post by sinikala » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:05 pm

finnman9999 wrote:HI THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN FINN WOMEN AND ESTONIA WOMEN, IVE LIVED IN TALLINN AND RUSSIA AND NOW FINLAND FOR MANY YEARS IM AMERICAN AND HALF CANADIAN NO WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD CAN YOU FIND WOMEN LIKE THE FINN WOMEN, BUT UNTIL THE FINN WOMEN DROP THIS STUFF THAT THEY WANT TO BE INDEPENDANT AND THEY DON,T NEED A HUSBAND THEY WILL HAVE NOTHING AND LIVE A POOR LIFE, LOOK AT A FINN WOMENS BANK ACCOUNT, LOOK TO SEE IF THEY RENT A FLAT OR OWN A HOME, FINN MEN DO YOUR SELF A BIG DEAD GO FIND A RUSSIAN WOMEN LIKE I DID GREAT WIFE, THEY WILL DO AS YOU ASK, THEY NEVER PULL THIS CRAP WE WANT TO BE INDEPENDANT, WE DON,T NEED A HUSBAND, MY BEST FRIEND IS A NEWS PERSON ON THE AIR AT YLE SHE MAKES LIKE 20.000 EURO A YEAR BUT SHE WANTS NO HUSBAND VERY DUM GIRL, SMART IN MANY WAYS BUT VERY DUM, FINN GIRLS WILL NEVER HAVE NOTHING BUT THEY WILL HAVE INDEPENDANTS, I LOVE FINLAND AND LOVE THE PEOPLE BUT PLEASE LADIES GET SMART,
If somebody has a bit of spare time on their hands, could you please bitch slap that fool back into the 19th century?

I'm sure your "best friend" would be delighted to know you think she's dumb. Or perhaps not.

I'm very happy with my wife, who makes well over double what your friend at YLE makes. For some crazy, zany reason I have no problem that she wants to do something other than squirt out pups and be tied to a sink for the rest of her life.

Finnish women are miles nicer looking than Estonians, but neither are a patch on the Swedes or Norgies.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

finnman9999 wrote:IM AMERICAN AND HALF CANADIAN

In which part of US they speak this appalling English? Ach, never mind...I think this is the language of America-Canada hybrids :mrgreen:
Image Image

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:17 pm

There are times when I wonder if our society is advancing. :roll:
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

jonellequin

Post by jonellequin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:21 pm

I am an Aussie girl living in Finland. My husband is Finnish and the reason why he has chosen a foreign wife is because "Finnish women try too hard to be like men". His words, not mine. They try to work like men, drink / smoke like men, talk like men. He also said that "if he wanted to be with someone that acted like a man, then he would be gay". But he's not gay, he is straight. Girls, try to retain some of your femininity. So, the opinion that Estonian women apparently dress the way they do, more power to them. I have seen some stunning Finnish women & some stunning Estonian women, who dress and behave nicely. I have also seen some Finnish and Estonian women that dress and behave like tramps. Same goes in Australia. I guess it's up to the girl how she wants to dress. Sometimes I want to dress like a tramp to get attention, but sometimes I want to dress conservatively too. It depends on the situation. Big deal.......why judge! If they are stealing the Finnish men, maybe the Finnish women are missing something they need to find again.....