Ban from driving!!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jas_rho

Re: Ban from driving!!

Post by jas_rho » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:30 pm

Pursuivant wrote:
jas_rho wrote: Having the brake there for me isn't gonna do jack squat.
well it will when you have your face in the windshield doing a right turn on the red when the engineer is going to say "lets get back to the DMV"... :twisted:
Why would I turn right on a red in Finland? ;)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 pm

...with 15 years of driving experience in Somewheristan - you won't believe the amount I screamed to an American friend of mine... not to mention does she know the *function of a clutch* as I knew the *price of a clutch* ... oh and the triangles... wheres the 4-way stop signs? jebus gives... I rather drive a truck you have to kick down gears then teach a wailing American woman drive stick in Finland... (I think I said some bad words in there after trying to kill me...)

last time I do favors for friends - his bf paid me to do it (and a new clutch) as he said he didn't want to get into a divorce... the bastard
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

jas_rho

Post by jas_rho » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Pursuivant wrote:...with 15 years of driving experience in Somewheristan - you won't believe the amount I screamed to an American friend of mine... not to mention does she know the *function of a clutch* as I knew the *price of a clutch* ... oh and the triangles... wheres the 4-way stop signs? jebus gives... I rather drive a truck you have to kick down gears then teach a wailing American woman drive stick in Finland... (I think I said some bad words in there after trying to kill me...)

last time I do favors for friends - his bf paid me to do it (and a new clutch) as he said he didn't want to get into a divorce... the bastard
Hehe well american driver and american woman driver are two different things. I learned to drive on a clutch and drove with a clutch for several years before I had an automatic. My jobs through collage involved operating all kinds of trucks and different machinery. I am not here saying I am the best and can do no wrong but I have been lucky to have had lots of experience with several different types of vehicles in my time.
But yeah, teaching then someone to drive who just can't figure it out, thats really annoying. I know what you are talking about. In those jobs that I had, I many times had to train new people and it was horrible sometimes.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:57 pm

I have trouble driving an automatic... the left leg just... pokes there... and the hand just wants to fondle a knob...pretty gay if you ask me driving stick... the *right hand... in UK I need an atom drive... no dice its enough keeping on the wrong side of the road...

- but I never drove an automat in... ermmm... first maybe a few years after my licence like once but since then not in 20 years almost... but it requires just a bit of conscience, just like driving a brit bike with the gearbox on the wrong side upside down or then a jockey shift... but add to that a new environment as well... requires double that.

like at work today we were talking of bike licences and an intersection theres a lot of bike accidents... and the guy is saying its they go to Bike World and the first ramp they hit, its a grading one but they shoot out as they don't know how to counter...

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am

nidhal wrote: i was driving in keha 3 usually max speed is 80km/h but i was driving 124km/h
if I was you I'd just be glad the neighbor does not go pour the sugar in the tank at night.... but thats just me...
Last edited by Pursuivant on Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

silk

Post by silk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 am

jas_rho wrote: Hehe well american driver and american woman driver are two different things.
Agreed
http://www.insurance.com/article.aspx/a ... /artid/259

chickensexer

Post by chickensexer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:06 pm

jas_rho, I hope you do understand that there is some difference between a person who's been driving since 15 and a person who went to a driving school and drove for the first time in live in his early 20-ies.. U better realize there is a difference.. Meaning, for a brandnew driver even doing excellent in the school driving test atmosphere can be quite stressful and he can make silly mistakes just from anxiety and lack of experience, not lack of officially accepted skills.

Even more, a danger can come from a totally random person on the road and it would be silly to expect a student to handle it well and confidently.

Besides, you seem to have missed the actual point since you insist on the driver's applicant's point of view, skils etc. While it's actualy the tester who is the focus point of the passenger brakes: he couldn't care less about your teen driving memories or anything else. He thinks in terms of "better safe than sorry", especially since he spends a lot of time time riding around in traffic with unknown individuals claiming they are ready to have a licence.

P.S. I did a driving test in the States, too. It was a joke.I think my cat could pass it, too, even though she's just one year older than you were when you got your American licence.

khan_MarirWala

Post by khan_MarirWala » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

How to approach the police captain? I went to the police station and I was told to wait for my decision by the customer service representative.

I received it recently and I want the ban to be reduced as I want to drive during the Christmas holidays.

What did you say when you went to the police station?

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:44 pm

khan_MarirWala wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm
How to approach the police captain? I went to the police station and I was told to wait for my decision by the customer service representative.

I received it recently and I want the ban to be reduced as I want to drive during the Christmas holidays.

What did you say when you went to the police station?
Asking 12 years after the last post might be a little useless.
By this time, Police has no time to "chat" with friendly remorseful foreigners any-more.
They are under funded under paid and under staffed and mostly also unreceptive for your charm.
Especially when your name resembles anything that even very far remotely has to do with aziz or ahmed or Ngongo, so with anything resembling yours, there will be the prejudice: "ah there is another Jengis who thinks the law should not apply to him..."
Sorry, but that is the hard truth nowadays, did you not check the polls, P.S. is, depending on the origin of the poll, either 1st or 2nd party in the polls.

So just wait patiently for your license to come back, any questions or complaints will only make it take longer... Just like Migri.
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world