"Man with Van" services in Helsinki?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey all...I need to move some furniture and need a van. Anyone have a van and want to help me out for an hour or two and make a few bucks? Or anyone know of anyone with a van that might want to help out??

OR does anyone have any other ideas about moving some furniture locally??

Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: "Man with Van" services in Helsinki?

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:30 am

if you have a drivers licence and a credit card your local Teboil has a solution
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Stefe

Post by Stefe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:16 pm

For a few hours, renting from www.pakuovelle.com is really easy and not overly expensive. They don't bring the van to your door (despite their name) anymore unless you pay extra, but pickup from the Olympic stadium is easy enough to manage.

AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks...I found a really nice guy with a van who was very friendly and helpful (and cheap, too)! It all worked out :)

Arif Shah

Post by Arif Shah » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:47 am

Hello,
I am also looking for a van with a man service. I live in Tapiola espoo the the luggage needs to be moved from helsinki. Can you please post the number of the guy who helped you. If he is near to espoo

Arif

Arif Shah

Post by Arif Shah » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 am

Hello,
I am also looking for a van with a man service. I live in Tapiola espoo the the luggage needs to be moved from helsinki. Can you please post the number of the guy who helped you. If he is near to espoo

Arif

drmkensington

Post by drmkensington » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Does anyone have a small move service to take some furniture items helsinki to porvoo?

Thanks

David

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:41 pm

drmkensington wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:12 pm
Does anyone have a small move service to take some furniture items helsinki to porvoo?

Thanks

David
As suggested earlier above, rent a small van for a few hours or if you have a car with trailer hook, rent a trailer at Motonet for 10€ a day..

Distance is about 55km single trip so lets say someone wants to help out:

120km (incl his own travel to you) with trailer 1:10 (when lucky) is 12 litres of gasoline = 1.72€ - is already for the gasoline only 20€ and the trailer 10€ is 30€ if you do it yourself or if someone helps you that already has a car with hook and lives close..and does not need to be paid for his time..
So the question is what you are willing to pay extra on top of the 30€..

I have a car with hook, but live in Espoo...but almost next to motonet for the trailer, but it means extra km .. so lets say 40€ is already only for expenses..not even for the time / lifting. Just to give an example that getting a rental car where fits your furniture, might be the best / cheapest option for you.

PS I hired a local guy here to help me move (10 years ago) and he had a huge van but charged 100€ for a day with a 5 km trip.. (had to drive 3 times though..) took several hours incl loading and unloading with what he helped..so it was well spent....

good luck!
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world