NORDEA BANK VRS SAMPO BANK

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
friendstaller

Post by friendstaller » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Dear All, I have heard from friends and collagues that NORDEA BANK is more realible to save and get help like loan than SAMPO if you are a foreigner especially if you have not been in Finland for long term or not having FINNISH citizenship. I work and have enough income so i dont need a loan now but we never know when i will go for one. I have account with both NORDEA and SAMPO but from the look of things, am planning to close my account with SAMPO if they cannot help him in times of need.
Do anyone have experience with both banks and their activities? Please share with me. Thx

emancipate urself 4rm mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our minds, have no fear for atomic energy cos non of them can stop the time

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

GrilliHiili

Re: NORDEA BANK VRS SAMPO BANK

Post by GrilliHiili » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

I haven't used Sampo, but I have my house loan with Nordea. My banking advisor speaks English, the internet banking service is in English and even the bank machines recognise from my card I am English and show it there :D.

They have always responded quickly to my questions.

So, in summary, Nordea are good :).

buldozr

Post by buldozr » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:47 pm

I'll second the above.
Also, Nordea did not yet get into habit of outsourcing their crucial software to some incompetents who make fodder for thedailywtf.com, judging by the results. However, Sampo's glitches have been fixed by now. Mostly.

Suitsuke

Post by Suitsuke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

Orrr you could do neither and open up an account with Osuuspankki?
Dey see me posting.. dey hatin'! dey tryna, tryna catch me flame-batin'!

skandagupta

Post by skandagupta » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:52 pm

I second that motion. All finnish banks are reliable and safe operators and they can be accessed via @-mail. And they service you in finnish,swedish and english.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm

skandagupta wrote:I second that motion. All finnish banks are reliable and safe operators and they can be accessed via @-mail. And they service you in finnish,swedish and english.

For security reasons email certainly isn't a major form of communication between banks and their customers (although I think I too got some time a email from Nordea asking me to fill my online codes to some form. Never found the time to do that... :wink: )

Number of banks offering English language internet banking is rather limited and perhaps already been covered in this thread.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Rip wrote:(although I think I too got some time a email from Nordea asking me to fill my online codes to some form. Never found the time to do that... :wink: )
Me too! I filled few coffee breaks worth them... they had crappy ui, I had to write them one by one.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Lisa 15

Post by Lisa 15 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Well, what my friend told me about Nordea is that theyr are very good until the day you're in trouble, then they jsut don't care. We are with Sampo for a while, all good, and no pb to get a loan, no pb to rediscuss our loan when I lost my job. We are now with Aktia, and I'm very happy: good advice, good service. We changed bank when the interest rate went down and Sampo didn'y offer any more negotiation...