Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
tkt234

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 pm
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.
The online form can be filled by anyone and they can mark you as the victim. Do you have anyone who could help you this way?
Probably no, I don't have any friends in Finland.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:24 am

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:44 pm
I am going to Finland on 14 April, any chance to make the report of a crime in person somewhere in Helsinki? I can take the receipt of the payment with me.
In Pasila:
https://www.poliisi.fi/helsinki/yhteystiedot

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Different countries or not, slander is a criminal offense as well, of which you might be guilty, should it turn out that there was no fraud after all.
I have proof with receipt of the payment.
You have proof that you have paid, yes, but what else can you actually prove? Or do you know for a fact that your purchase hasn't been sent and e.g. lost by the post? Or stolen by your neighbor? Or whatever else... There's little little to be gained from any smear campaigns, at best it saves someone else from purchasing from a _possibly_ fraudulent seller, at worst you're committing a crime yourself, making claims that aren't actually true. Just deal with the police and leave it at that.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:08 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:19 am
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 pm
FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Different countries or not, slander is a criminal offense as well, of which you might be guilty, should it turn out that there was no fraud after all.
I have proof with receipt of the payment.
You have proof that you have paid, yes, but what else can you actually prove? Or do you know for a fact that your purchase hasn't been sent and e.g. lost by the post? Or stolen by your neighbor? Or whatever else... There's little little to be gained from any smear campaigns, at best it saves someone else from purchasing from a _possibly_ fraudulent seller, at worst you're committing a crime yourself, making claims that aren't actually true. Just deal with the police and leave it at that.
I know he hasn't sent it, because seller is not responding to my e-mails! That is not normal action from seller not to respond if they really have sent it.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

But the advice someone gave me here about that I have to ask seller that can I pick up this item or not looks good, because in the past
I have already asked 2 huuto.net sellers last year with 0 feedback from Hämeenlinna and Lahti that can I pick up your item or not. There was no response from them, so they are automatically scammers for me, and price of the items were both 200 euros. These locations are not far from Helsinki if to drive with a car. Hämeenlinna seller had a stupid excuse that they are going to Bulgaria and I cannot pick up the item on that day when I was going to Finland. When there is higher amount of money involved I want only pick up.
Of course that looked suspicious for me and I didn't fall for that scam.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Why are some huuto.net sellers far away from Helsinki with 0 feedback selling PS4 consoles so cheap compared to other sellers?´
And they don't respond to questions
Fake advertisements?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 am

tkt234 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 pm
Why are some huuto.net sellers far away from Helsinki with 0 feedback selling PS4 consoles so cheap compared to other sellers?´
Fake advertisements?
You want others to start guessing "why"? There could be a number of reasons, perfectly valid/legal or illegal, for all of that, being away from Helsinki, having 0 feedback, selling something at lower price than others and not responding to questions. There was an explanation for some of it in the description text, whether true or not, who knows. Mulling over the possibilities doesn't accomplish much. If you feel uncomfortable buying or bidding for something, then just don't, easy as that.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:33 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 am
tkt234 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:53 pm
Fake advertisements?
You want others to start guessing "why"? There could be a number of reasons, perfectly valid/legal or illegal, for all of that, being away from Helsinki, having 0 feedback, selling something at lower price than others and not responding to questions. There was an explanation for some of it in the description text, whether true or not, who knows. Mulling over the possibilities doesn't accomplish much. If you feel uncomfortable buying or bidding for something, then just don't, easy as that.
Yesterday I won a very cheap PS4 auction on huuto.net that is located about 140-150 km from Helsinki. Seller has 0 feedback! I sent seller e-mail that I want to pick up that item, but they don't respond. Also this seller phone number is wrong! I don't understand why put wrong phone number when trying to register on huuto.net ? Looks like another item that I cannot buy.

tkt234

Post by tkt234 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I have found many huuto.net sellers who sell PS4 on huuto.net that have 0 feedback.
Problem is that none of them want to send their PS4 with cash on delivery.
I have just asked about pick up of 1 item that ends soon. I wanted to pick up later in June and seller with 0 feedback asked money up front with bank transfer! Very risky situation for me as a buyer. Of course I skip it.
I think sellers with 0 feedbacks shouldn't have any rights even to ask money up front. Scams like these can be avoided anyway.