days of actual annual paid leave

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Rick1

Re: days of actual annual paid leave

Post by Rick1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 am

In developed countries (where not everybody seems to work at least 10 years for the same company, as they still thinking here) you get the first year already holiday (no difference between winter or summer). If you start in May and take 2 weeks and then decide to quit in september, they just take it out of your salary. This seems to be too difficult here, might be because of the value of the salary but in my idea that is just the risk you take and should accept, you have taken something which you have not earned yet. BTW you would already have earned 8 days (netto, 2X12= 24 days netto) so would not have been that much.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agroot

Post by agroot » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 am

riku2 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 am
it's a completely stupid situation in finland and the law is not rewritten because most finns take whole week holidays and would not cause trouble by taking tuesday - next monday like you are attempting to do.
My reading of the law was that a holiday that includes a friday counts as two days (friday + saturday).
This means you could cheat the rules by never taking fridays (only mon-thu) but then your company would complain and tell you that you are cheating and should take your holiday like fellow finns do (whole weeks).
Has anyone actually done this? I suppose it only counts the end of week not the beginning (from Sat to next Thu = 4 vacation days), but what would happen if Friday is a banking holiday?

riku2

Post by riku2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:19 pm

agroot wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 am
what would happen if Friday is a banking holiday?
By chance there is only one week in the "summer holiday" season where this happens - the week of midsummer and I have always wondered about taking mon-thu as holiday and then the saturday would not count.
My wondering will never be answered since I now have a job with a swedish company but still live in Finland and they do not have such a stupid rule of having to use up some of your holidays for Saturdays. and no stupid kiky hours either.