Concerns about Finnish Citizenship

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Soteyen

Post by Soteyen » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Hey all,
I am in a bit of dilemma about my Citizenship application that i put in during March 2016. I had 2 DUI's (Driving Under Influence) in the past, the first one was in 2013 during summer (about 4 months fine and driving ban) and the second one was last year during summer as well( about 8 months fine and driving ban). I paid both fines and the driving ban has elapsed since last year December and i have been driving ever since. Now my question is; is the DUI's going to affect my chance of having a positive decision concerning my Finnish citizenship? Thank y'all

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Concerns about Finnish Citizenship

Post by Rip » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:16 am

It seems fairly likely to me that you will have problems.
What you mean with eight months fine? Maximum for one crime is 120 "päiväsakkoa".
Odotusajan määräytyminen

Jos kansalaisuushakemus hylätään 13 §:n 1 momentin 3 kohdan perusteella, hakijalle voidaan määrätä odotusaika, jona häntä ei kansalaisteta ilman perusteltua syytä. Kansalaisuuden myöntäminen odotusajan kuluessa tai sen päätyttyä edellyttää uutta hakemusta, jolloin kansalaisuuden myöntämisen edellytysten täyttyminen arvioidaan uudelleen.

Edellä 1 momentissa tarkoitettu odotusaika on:

1) sakkorangaistuksen osalta vähintään vuosi ja enintään kolme vuotta luettuna rikoksen tekopäivästä;

Soteyen

Post by Soteyen » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Rip wrote:It seems fairly likely to me that you will have problems.
What you mean with eight months fine? Maximum for one crime is 120 "päiväsakkoa".
Odotusajan määräytyminen

Jos kansalaisuushakemus hylätään 13 §:n 1 momentin 3 kohdan perusteella, hakijalle voidaan määrätä odotusaika, jona häntä ei kansalaisteta ilman perusteltua syytä. Kansalaisuuden myöntäminen odotusajan kuluessa tai sen päätyttyä edellyttää uutta hakemusta, jolloin kansalaisuuden myöntämisen edellytysten täyttyminen arvioidaan uudelleen.

Edellä 1 momentissa tarkoitettu odotusaika on:

1) sakkorangaistuksen osalta vähintään vuosi ja enintään kolme vuotta luettuna rikoksen tekopäivästä;

What i meant is that i got 8 months driving ban and i was fined. Do you know anyone who has been denied based on it before?

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 am

It could be useful if you told how many "päiväsakko" you got, as that probably determines how long the waiting period is.

leisl

Post by leisl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:25 pm

So you didn't learn from the first time?

I lost a relative because of someone like you. I hope your application is denied.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:55 pm

leisl wrote:I hope your application is denied.
:thumbsup:
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Soteyen

Post by Soteyen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Rip wrote:It could be useful if you told how many "päiväsakko" you got, as that probably determines how long the waiting period is.
I got 55 ''päiväsakkoa for the second one, i can't remember the first one but i know it's not up to that.

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:00 pm

I got 55 ''päiväsakkoa for the second one,
Wow. I would vote for deportation instead of citizenship. :shock:

Mamu

Post by Mamu » Sun May 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Soteyen wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 pm
Hey all,
I am in a bit of dilemma about my Citizenship application that i put in during March 2016. I had 2 DUI's (Driving Under Influence) in the past, the first one was in 2013 during summer (about 4 months fine and driving ban) and the second one was last year during summer as well( about 8 months fine and driving ban). I paid both fines and the driving ban has elapsed since last year December and i have been driving ever since. Now my question is; is the DUI's going to affect my chance of having a positive decision concerning my Finnish citizenship? Thank y'all
Old post but Can you tell What happened after all?
Did you get positive decision?

NukkuMatti

Post by NukkuMatti » Mon May 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Mamu wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:44 pm
Soteyen wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 pm
Hey all,
Old post but Can you tell What happened after all?
Did you get positive decision?
As if this drunk ever has shown his presence on this forum again after the remarks of deportation.... don't count on it... 4 posts in 2016?? nah.. never been here since...