Citizenship application

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
brexit
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Citizenship application

Post by brexit » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 am

Hello
Do I need to mention in my citizenship application about my trip abroad (inside EU) which is longer than 4 months. I didn't inform Maistraati about my trips as I thought that I still have a permanent address in Finland. Do they check with the Sweden ( where i lived)? I had a residence permit also from Sweden because I lived there for more than 90 days.

However, I had informed KELA as I had to do it for social security issues. Does migri get my information from KELA? what should I do in this situation?



Citizenship application

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Rip
Posts: 5583
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by Rip » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Do you have any interest to hide it? After all one (or two) four month trips are allowed during the required residence period.


brexit
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

Re: Citizenship application

Post by brexit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:25 pm

The reason is that I did not mention maistratti as I was unaware that I have to report even if I have permanent address here. And also I did many trips back and forth and few were longer than 90 days. Therefore I am a bit confused in this case.
Rip wrote:Do you have any interest to hide it? After all one (or two) four month trips are allowed during the required residence period.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2836
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Citizenship application

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:00 pm

brexit wrote:The reason is that I did not mention maistratti as I was unaware that I have to report even if I have permanent address here. And also I did many trips back and forth and few were longer than 90 days. Therefore I am a bit confused in this case.
Report everything. The penalties are minor for not reporting address changes. Would you really want to lie on the citizenship application? You can be proactive and contact Maistraatti to fix your records for the last 4 years.


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Citizenship application

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 pm

The inconvenience and potential fines are significantly less serious than the consequences for lying on your application. You might pay some euros and answer a few questions vs. having your citizenship revoked for supplying false information.

It's completely your choice. Choose wisely.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


hly89
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by hly89 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 am

brexit wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 am
Hello
Do I need to mention in my citizenship application about my trip abroad (inside EU) which is longer than 4 months. I didn't inform Maistraati about my trips as I thought that I still have a permanent address in Finland. Do they check with the Sweden ( where i lived)? I had a residence permit also from Sweden because I lived there for more than 90 days.

However, I had informed KELA as I had to do it for social security issues. Does migri get my information from KELA? what should I do in this situation?
Hi, I have similar situation. I have sent you email about it. Really need your help. Thank you very much!


ruusu25
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by ruusu25 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Migri's rules regarding the residence period: http://www.migri.fi/finnish_citizenship ... de_finland


hly89
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by hly89 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 am

ruusu25 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:44 pm
Migri's rules regarding the residence period: http://www.migri.fi/finnish_citizenship ... de_finland
Thanks. I lived in another nordic country Denmark for 4 months during my stay in finland. Denmark informed maistraatti to deregister me in the population system for those 4 months. I am wondering if Sweden does the same to "brexit"?


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: Citizenship application

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am

It doesn't matter. Just be honest on your application.

You can't really keep track of what all the agencies in the world communicate with each other. Do you really want to live in a state of fear where at any time you're just waiting for that call from the police telling you they're investigating your application for false information? Maybe not today or tomorrow, maybe not even a year from now, but it might happen at some point.

Lying on your application is so stupid I can't believe some point do it. And then a year later they come to this forum crying they got rejected.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


hly89
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by hly89 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:08 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 am
It doesn't matter. Just be honest on your application.

You can't really keep track of what all the agencies in the world communicate with each other. Do you really want to live in a state of fear where at any time you're just waiting for that call from the police telling you they're investigating your application for false information? Maybe not today or tomorrow, maybe not even a year from now, but it might happen at some point.

Lying on your application is so stupid I can't believe some point do it. And then a year later they come to this forum crying they got rejected.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am not gonna lie on my application. I just want to know if it interrupts my continuous residence period or not. If someone has similar situation got positive decision, I know I have a strong case and will apply. Paying 350 euros for a negative decision sucks.


ruusu25
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: Citizenship application

Post by ruusu25 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Why not call Migri and ask them yourself (anonymously if you want)? They have a special phone number for citizenship-related questions: http://www.migri.fi/our_services/custom ... ip_matters


Post Reply