Best Credit Cards?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
coltsmild
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by coltsmild » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm
inkku wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Some time ago people were raving about the Norwegian card, only that the interest rate is high. you get points with Norwegian. not sure if that still holds.
It does.
Do you have a link to apply/get more info for this card? I'm interested.



Re: Best Credit Cards?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 10392
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by Upphew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 am

coltsmild wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm
inkku wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Some time ago people were raving about the Norwegian card, only that the interest rate is high. you get points with Norwegian. not sure if that still holds.
It does.
Do you have a link to apply/get more info for this card? I'm interested.
They had a helpful ad when I googled norwegian credit card, or rather i typed the first part and the mind reading machine suggested the credit card bit.

edit. and now there is an ad for one below this thread even!
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Y77
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by Y77 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:30 am

coltsmild wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 am
betelgeuse wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm
inkku wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Some time ago people were raving about the Norwegian card, only that the interest rate is high. you get points with Norwegian. not sure if that still holds.
It does.
Do you have a link to apply/get more info for this card? I'm interested.
I've also been using for the last 2 years the points from the norwegian CC to get free flights, hopefully now air norwegian doesn't go tits up and spoils the fun


tkt234
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by tkt234 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm

weststeincard.com is a cheap prepaid credit card (master card)
I have used it and it works very well
they ask 1 euro per month fee


Y77
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by Y77 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am

tkt234 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm
weststeincard.com is a cheap prepaid credit card (master card)
I have used it and it works very well
they ask 1 euro per month fee
weststein is not a c.c. it's a prepaid debit card, and why pay 1 e. a month when transferwise borderless account with debit card is 100% free and you get much more, free euro IBAN, UK account, US and australian bank accounts come also with it for free


deepsudeep
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by deepsudeep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 pm

agroot wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 pm
deepsudeep wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 pm
Don't understand the point of a credit card if there are no points/cash back
when a card or the number is stolen and used to make purchases, your money/credit is locked. If it's a debit card, money in that account would be locked for weeks until dispute resolution - which you'd win later for certain but having thousands of euros frozen is not something to be taken lightly.

I cut all my debit cards into pieces after learning that.
Well don't put all your eggs in one basket


tkt234
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by tkt234 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 pm

Y77 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am
tkt234 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm
weststeincard.com is a cheap prepaid credit card (master card)
I have used it and it works very well
they ask 1 euro per month fee
weststein is not a c.c. it's a prepaid debit card, and why pay 1 e. a month when transferwise borderless account with debit card is 100% free and you get much more, free euro IBAN, UK account, US and australian bank accounts come also with it for free
I disagree. Weststein is a credit card. I can be used online at some sites to pay for merchandise. But it does not work all sites and gives error messages.
I tried to use it to pay in gas station, but it did not work. So it is some kind of credit card still.
Also with this credit card you are protected as a buyer and can make a credit card chargeback if you have a problem.


Y77
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Best Credit Cards?

Post by Y77 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 am

tkt234 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 pm
Y77 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:19 am
tkt234 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm
weststeincard.com is a cheap prepaid credit card (master card)
I have used it and it works very well
they ask 1 euro per month fee
weststein is not a c.c. it's a prepaid debit card, and why pay 1 e. a month when transferwise borderless account with debit card is 100% free and you get much more, free euro IBAN, UK account, US and australian bank accounts come also with it for free
I disagree. Weststein is a credit card. I can be used online at some sites to pay for merchandise. But it does not work all sites and gives error messages.
I tried to use it to pay in gas station, but it did not work. So it is some kind of credit card still.
Also with this credit card you are protected as a buyer and can make a credit card chargeback if you have a problem.
Since when the difference between a DC and a CC is the fact that it can or cannot be used at a petrol station? It clearly says that this card is a PREPAID, which means you need to have the necessary amount on it to make the purchase, which is not the case with a CC, since you get CREDIT from a bank to pay what you want to buy and then pay the interests on it, unless you pay the balance in full, usually by the 15th of the following month


Post Reply