Affordable electrician in Espoo area

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pavi

Post by pavi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 am

Our toilet was completely renewed in 2012. Few weeks back the spot lights in the toilet does not come on, although the light embedded to the mirror seems to be working. Could someone give pointers on where to find affordable electricians in Espoo region?

Many Thanks :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Affordable electrician in Espoo area

Post by Piet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:41 pm

do you really need an electrician to change a light bulb?

Well I will cost 20 € an hour with a minimum of one hour 8)

(not VAT or other taxes, and yes I will report it to the tax office as income on top of my pension :lol: )
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

pavi

Post by pavi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:09 am

Its not as simple as changing bulbs, all bulbs are fine, something to do with the electric cables.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

have you tested the cabinet and switch with something like this - then you would know if the power gets into the cabinet or the switch is faulty or the cable between the two

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-E ... 10640.html

with this kind of tested you just tap the outside of the cable/light/switch, no actual electrical connection

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 pm

pavi wrote:Its not as simple as changing bulbs, all bulbs are fine, something to do with the electric cables.
I can still do it for you, 20 € an hour, no cure no pay. Minimum an hour pay when fixed within an hour. 8) (I used to do stuff like that before I retired :wink: ) I bring my own tools :lol:

pavi

Post by pavi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:05 am

Piet wrote:
pavi wrote:Its not as simple as changing bulbs, all bulbs are fine, something to do with the electric cables.
I can still do it for you, 20 € an hour, no cure no pay. Minimum an hour pay when fixed within an hour. 8) (I used to do stuff like that before I retired :wink: ) I bring my own tools :lol:
Thank you Piet for visiting and fixing the issue. It worked! You were right, Electronic transformer was broken due to excess load from the lights. Thank you also for recommending a bigger transformer to future proofing from further failure. I would definitely recommend Piet for such work for anyone with electrical issues.

Piet

Post by Piet » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:49 pm

You're most welcome Pavi,

One note regarding this repair, for every one else on the forum that trusts "professionals".

It has come to my attention that in a lot of cases these classical mistakes are made by "professionals" due to saving on equipment and costs for their own profit, at the expense of durability and most important safety. Somehow I have seen this problem occur more often here in Finland than in the other countries I have stayed. (especially in construction and car repairs).

With electricity one cannot be careful enough, especially in a bathroom!!!

In this case the "professional" that installed the bathroom lighting at Pavi's place, took a halogen light transformer certified for the range of 20-60W with 60W max. at a temperature of 50'C and 50W max at a temperature of 90'C

6 halogen spots of each 10W were connected. Anyone that can calculate and has a little logic in his brain, will feel already this was of course the wrong thing to do.
This is a fire hazard and possibly a disaster waiting to happen. (The circuit-board of the transformer was really black due to excessive heat :shock: ).

Just some advise to anyone ever doing this himself. ALWAYS take a minimum of 20% extra power than needed.
Just some advise of anyone hiring a "professional", make sure he/she (yes this is Finland :wink: ) shows you what he/she installs, so you can check the specs yourself.

That's all folks! (for now :lol: )

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:06 pm

I have had similar problems with "professionals" also.
In my house I had the boiler changed and a new computerized heating controller installed in the boiler room. The "electrician" connect it to the light circuit in the boiler room so the controller only worked when I went in there and turned on the light!
And my gf's flat was rewired during putkiremontti and almost all the sockets in the kitchen were connected to a 10amp supply as well as some of the lights. As a result if you use the microwave and the kettle at the same time the circuit breaker cuts out. And the fridge gets it's own 16amp supply when it would have been more sensible to give the fridge the 10 amp cable and all the shared sockets/lights the 16A one (of course better is several 16A cables so you can run kettle, microwave, toaster and coffee machine at the same time).

ziddiguy

Post by ziddiguy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi Piet,
Unable to send PM to you.
Just wanted to check if you are still available for installation of ceiling light in Espoo.

Would appreciate if you can PM and share either email or your phone number.

Thanks

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 pm

ziddiguy wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi Piet,
Just wanted to check if you are still available for installation of ceiling light in Espoo.

Thanks
Sent you a PM :wink:

ziddiguy

Post by ziddiguy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks

R.Arvonen

Post by R.Arvonen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Piet wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 pm
ziddiguy wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Hi Piet,

Thanks
Sent you a PM :wink:
Hi Piet,

Can you send me your contact details also please? =)

Piet

Post by Piet » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Sorry guys, have been quite busy lately....

Seems the notification for this thread are also not always sent to my email.... so ...do not always see them in time.. :oops:

Anyway.. still doing some installing now and then... so feel free to ask...you might be lucky :D :lol:

allanaahaha

Post by allanaahaha » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:15 am

Hi, Piet

Can't PM you. Can you PM me? Our house has electricity issue. Hope you will see my message.

Many thanks!

Br, Jing

pavi

Post by pavi » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Thank you Piet once again for replacing the lights in the kitchen and disengaging the old home security system. Things look good. I recommend Piet for any work related to electricity. :thumbsup: