Doctors?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
biryvih

Re: Doctors?

Post by biryvih » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Cicaellijoseph wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:02 am
You are not alone in this I have worse health problems and they DO NOT help me, they seem to have no respect if we don't speak the finnish or is a rich important person(this last is just my guess). Im suffering of severe problems all what they do is ask me to take usual painkillers, although I know I need to go for x-ray to be checked, but you know what? Sending a foreign for this kind of investigation I s too expensive for their rubbish health care. Get a health insurance there are some with affordable prices, they will send you to private doctors whose care you better because they are getting $$$$.
After reading this thread I started to feel like, I am not a foreigner in this land.

I have never been refused any assistance to this day. So far I had only one problem, and it was not in healthcare, it was in the police station where the lady was being a$$hole, nothing more.

Every medical personal I have ever met, never refused anything to me.

And many people mentioned about Tax office thing, to be honest I had more trouble in tax office than the hospital. I had to understand the whole thing with my broken af Finnish and that made me realize, how important is to learn Finnish :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rupun

Post by rupun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Tiwaz wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:38 am
Those "refugees" you mainly see are nothing of the kind. More golddiggers who are looking for nice and coddly location
Got your TF/ PerusS membership, did you? Assuming you're an immigrant as well, and if I took the basis of your username/handle and assuming you're the same person at Molly Malone's, you and your antecedents were immigrants at some point, and not from a country very highly reputed at this point, right? Very low morals if you are now targeting others that are facing more difficult circumstances in their homeland.
Tiwaz wrote:
As for tax office, as said. They should do less
You see, money talks! And there's nothing you can do about it. Nor can I do anything about weak morals, whether making a point with you, or the system. Except calling it out. More about loyalty towards the end.
Tiwaz wrote:
Go and study. Finland performs cutting edge surgery and medical treatment in essentially
I did. And No. Nope. Regular transplants, sometimes the same quality as other countries in MEA/ Africa. In Orthopedics, yes. Cancer research, yes. Ever heard of Docrates? In Helsinki? Not public! If the public was so good...
Tiwaz wrote:
you find qualitatively comparable service compared to far bigger and richer nations.
Do you compete upwards or downwards? Sure, there are. Stoop to their level?

Tiwaz wrote:
And how many successes you can list from those surroundings?
If they messed up the regular surgeries the would lose all claims to acceptably good!

Tiwaz wrote:
Of course. And don't forget that your cousin is also Lord Almighty and so on. So you are absolute authority on everything. And your nephew fought in WW1, WW2 AND Vietnam war (on both sides) so you know everything about warfare too.
Damn! How'd you get to know that? I was trying to hide it!

Tiwaz wrote:
System is what it is, and it works quite well. You whining about doctors not speaking "Engrish"
Read carefully, less about the English, that was more as a supporting argument. The main argument was the quality and the timeliness.
Tiwaz wrote:
when everyone else points out the opposite ... And your claims of "low-skilled" doctors when everything we know of medicine in Finland tells the opposite.
Not what you know, but what you've been brainwashed to believe. And no, not everyone. Few are claiming good experiences. Others are claiming otherwise. Who are you to put yourself above the others? As regards the burana doctor's, yep, they are very good at that. Take a burana for everything! Heck, it starts in nursery: ... "on paras maa" crap!
Tiwaz wrote:
So yeah, I'll stand up for Finnish system which delivers impressive things with relatively low funding
So, there's nothing to improve right?
Tiwaz wrote:
No need to die
Death is significant ONLY when life is valuable.

Talking about these posts: My wife reminded me of this case, somewhere November last year. Husband and wife from the Philippines. Wife is a nurse at the hospital in Vantaa. Live in the apartments and street across the hospital.

Previous evening, husband went to the ER complaining of light chest pain previous night. They gave him an ECG, and was dismissed as being "määrittämätön kipu". Day later, a senior doctor reviewing it tried to call the guy in an emergency. Could not get through. Called the spouse (the nurse who was at the hospital at that moment). The husband, at that very moment was close to the hospital, where he collapsed on the road and died from a heart attack. Paramedics and off-duty nurses tried to help.

The doctor misread the ECG!!! You have to be a special kind of stupid to do that.

And then I am wondering why this level of loyalty. A few years ago, when there were complaints (and still are) about the then called Aliens Unit (nowadays Migri), there was a gentleman vociferously defending them under a belief that somehow the officials were monitoring the Internet and he would score favourable points in some application he had made. Relax chum. The blind loyalty gets you no points. OTOH, the culture generally is very suspicious and uncomfortable of those with extra praise.
biryvih wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm
I am not a foreigner in this land.
Read the posts carefully. I never said the doctor's discriminated against me. I do not use the Public Health care because of the stares from even the public at large that are there for the same purpose that I am yet another burden on their system - which I am not.

To answer your question: Walk up and ask somebody: "Kenet pidetään suomalaisena"

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Read the posts carefully. I never said the doctor's discriminated against me. I do not use the Public Health care because of the stares from even the public at large that are there for the same purpose that I am yet another burden on their system - which I am not.
I didn't really feel the need to read " carefully" I just expressed my experience comparing to you.. I have no idea why do you get the stares, even though you are dressed nicely and presentable.. as you've mentioned before...

I normally don't get the stares, and even if I did I can't do much about it can I? So far the system hasn't done anything to me whatever you described in your experience. If it did, I would definitely argue in your favor. I still find it pretty ridiculous your claims about "dress code" I have yet to see that.. so far I haven't. I generally look like a homeless person and I don't think people treated me differently based on my clothings.. yes, they did in the bars / night club, but that's a different story.
To answer your question: Walk up and ask somebody: "Kenet pidetään suomalaisena"
hummh that's pretty interesting... first of all why should I do that? It doesn't help me in any shape or form... or are you just desperate to prove your point about Finland? and if someone disagree with you, you will come up with weird stipulations? just to prove your point. You used an example of tax office, and I swear I had more trouble in tax office (in regards to language) than in hospitals.

Look, I wrote my experience.. Unlike some other people who commented here.. I did not say "this is the best system or this is the best medical system bla bla.." I don't think this is the best.. They do have better research than many other nations, but when it comes to doctors they are far from the best. They are good enough.. But this conversation started on the basis of language, availability and so on... And from my experience, I did not face those issues. I never had to visit a private doctor because public sector is working fine for me. And I don't mind the stares..

I am sorry whatever you are going through, I hope your issues will be fixed and you'll not get stares anymore and hey I know no one will say it, but I can...

You are not a burden (I hope you aren't, even if you are it's okay! ) :D Stop feeling sorry for yourself.