Question : Rooms instead of bedrooms

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Vickzz

Post by Vickzz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 am

Hi, I've been looking to buy a house in capital area for a while and found many houses which are very likable however there is a problem I noticed.

As per house maps there are mostly only one or two bedrooms however there are "other" rooms in basement area and owners have used them for living all this while.

Is there any demerit in using those "other" rooms i.e. hobby rooms as bedrooms as they're in basement. Especially from insurance or Kaupunki?

It's a big decision to buy a house and I'm wondering if someone has knowledge and can share with me.

Cheers!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Question : Rooms instead of bedrooms

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Vickzz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 am
Is there any demerit in using those "other" rooms i.e. hobby rooms as bedrooms as they're in basement. Especially from insurance or Kaupunki?

It's a big decision to buy a house and I'm wondering if someone has knowledge and can share with me.
To be called a bedroom a room has higher requirements in building code (for example for windows) so this the reason they are called storage / hobby rooms. De facto no-one will prevent you from sleeping there but do give proper consideration to it (for example seeing how ventilation is for health reasons).