Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Dr310
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Dr310 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:24 am

donknowz wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 pm
Dr310 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm
Hi,
What does proved my identity mean?
Thanks
After you submit your application online you have to book an appointment with Migri to show all your original documents which you submitted with your online application and check you ID and a small interview discussing mostly about the documents you submitted
Thank you!



Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Dr310
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Dr310 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:24 am

BahunKoKhasi wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 pm
Dr310 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm
Hi,
What does proved my identity mean?
Thanks
d

After you have applied online for the citizenship, you need book an appointment at Immigration office to show your original documents and your ID/Passport.

Thank you !


Mooseface
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Mooseface » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Still no movement on mine from 23rd April (Tampere)....

Still processing stage.


nidhal
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by nidhal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Like u proved ur identity on 23rd of April ?


Mooseface
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Mooseface » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Yep.


nidhal
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by nidhal » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm

It’s interesting as most of the cases tell that ones the applicant got to stage 2 it takes only few hours or few days to get decision, so I think they start to process already applications like some weeks ago but it looks in the portal stage 1 as I don’t believe they give citizenship just in an hour or 2 😅

Anyways let’s hope for the best and congrats to each new finn 🎉


vitaliysh
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by vitaliysh » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:17 pm

I've got to stage 2 right when I've proven my identity (July), still waiting.


Dr310
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Dr310 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Hei,
Do I have to scan my papers and attach them to my application or I just fill in the application what papers I have and then show then at the appointment?

In 4 years I travel 3 times to my country 10- 14 days each time. And 3 times 1 week to Europe . How does it affect the periode that I lived in Finland? Do I need to apply exactly when I lived 4 years or I need to wait little more like 4 years and 2 months?

Thanks everyone in advance.


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 pm

hi. I sent my application 7 May and I was at Lappeenranta Migri 8 May to prove my identity. since 8 May my application is in stage 2 :( can't wait to get citizenship.


IidaK
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by IidaK » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 pm

allulina wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:57 pm
hi. I sent my application 7 May and I was at Lappeenranta Migri 8 May to prove my identity. since 8 May my application is in stage 2 :( can't wait to get citizenship.
Same here,proved my identity on 7.05 in Helsinki.Waiting:(


kunalinfy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by kunalinfy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Dr310 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm
Hei,
Do I have to scan my papers and attach them to my application or I just fill in the application what papers I have and then show then at the appointment?

In 4 years I travel 3 times to my country 10- 14 days each time. And 3 times 1 week to Europe . How does it affect the periode that I lived in Finland? Do I need to apply exactly when I lived 4 years or I need to wait little more like 4 years and 2 months?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Hei, You have to attach the necessary documentation to your application. And then take the originals with you when you go for your appointment.
The travel that you mentioned, does not affect the application. You can find more details on how travel affects your application here: https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence

Lastly, you can even apply exactly on the day that you completed your 4 years residence. My wife did that and got her citizenship.

Br,
K


kunalinfy
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by kunalinfy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Submitted application in Helsinki on 11th May 2018, Stage 2 on 11th October at 1030hrs and decision at 1400hrs.


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm

I really don't understand how and why Migri watch applications :shock:
why some applications are in stage 1 for long and in stage 2 few hours? why my application was in progress for 5 months?! so many why in my head.
you all who got citizenship already and made application in May, how long you have been in Finland and what are your conditions: work, marriage?
I have lived in Finland for 10 years and have a job and Finnish husband and baby. Seems like I should get citizenship without problems and quickly but no...


Mooseface
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Mooseface » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am

I am still waiting from the 23rd April. I assumed my application would be an open and shut case and was expecting quite fast results (like 3 or 4 months), but it has been almost 6 months now and still nothing. I am an EU citizen. It seems people who proved ID in Helsinki get processed a little faster than the rest of us. Maybe because other Migri around Finland have to mail everything across to Helsinki and it adds a couple more weeks. Whereas the decisions are made in Helsinki so people proving ID there don't have this additional hurdle.

So frustrating. This is what drives me mad about Finland, everything is so damn slow and painful when working with authorities.


IidaK
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by IidaK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

Mooseface wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am
I am still waiting from the 23rd April. I assumed my application would be an open and shut case and was expecting quite fast results (like 3 or 4 months), but it has been almost 6 months now and still nothing. I am an EU citizen. It seems people who proved ID in Helsinki get processed a little faster than the rest of us. Maybe because other Migri around Finland have to mail everything across to Helsinki and it adds a couple more weeks. Whereas the decisions are made in Helsinki so people proving ID there don't have this additional hurdle.

So frustrating. This is what drives me mad about Finland, everything is so damn slow and painful when working with authorities.
I think (as I told before) that processing time is solely depending on migri officer who is assigned for the case. Cause I applied and proved my identity in Helsinki on 07.05 and I see people who applied later being processed faster, than me. I am stressed about it, of course. But then I think, for example, that my officer can be away for this week (school vacations) and this explains why my case is still in migri:)


Post Reply