Telia refuses to refund after accepting the mistake

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
lulzimfazlija

Post by lulzimfazlija » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:08 pm

I was missinformed from one of the telia's employee about subscription plans before I subcribed for their internet service and then I decided later after 2 weeks after getting to know the real information I decided to close and went to telia store with all my equipments that I have to return back
and close my subscription, thou the guy forgot to close my subscription into Telia's system I think he was distracted at that time from something else and just forgot to end the subscription.
I then was getting invoices from Telia on my email and as well as from another party Sergel Oy(an invoice collector company) and wrote back Telia that asking why im I getting invoices but I never got a reply. So basically right now I have three Invoices in total to pay from Telia and Sergel with X amount.
I decided today to explore a bit more this mysterious case and called customer service of both Sergel and Telia. Telia was accepting the fact that they forgot to shut down my subscription when I returned the equipments and the Telia's system was automatically sending invoices to Sergel.
I already paid some amount to Sergel let say 1/2 of total invoices just bc I didnt want to get in trouble of something, now that Telia accept the mistake I asked if they could refund me or talk to Sergel so that they will refund as I paid the invoice to Sergel bc of Telia's mistake, they refuse to do so, and they say that we do not refund in such cases nor Sergel needs to.
Basically for them it is that this case happened and we cannot do anything, well then I understand that mistakes happens but is really Telia this company that respect their customers this way? What is your opinions about Telia in general?
Do u think I have any potential to do anything in this case rather then just close this ending up paying some amount including some notifications fees and be a victim of case.
In this case the amount wasnt that big (140EUR and I paid half of it), what if it was actually some bigger amount? Anyone who knows more about laws, companies, citiziens rights in Finland. Why would a company like Telia has that right to accept the mistake and still refuse to refund, I mean why would a company has this power over a citizen to act so? If it is so then someone would get inpsired to open a company and do the same thing like telia and get rich.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

suomynona.yllatot

Re: Telia refuses to refund after accepting the mistake

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

It happens sometimes, in certain known circumstances.

Did you retain any proof that you had returned the items and asked for the subscription to be closed? E.g. do you recollect the personnel that serviced your request? Or copies of mails that you had addressed to them? etc.

In case you do, then write up a structured complaint and reach out to the consumer disputes board, they are very helpful. Here is the link.

https://www.kuluttajariita.fi/fi/

Also, reach out to the higher-up in the management, they usually are themselves stumped by the stupidity of the people in the stores.

One thing in Finland: know the law.
Yep, it is! What's the big deal?

lulzimfazlija

Post by lulzimfazlija » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:07 pm

Telia themself accept the fact that I have returned the items and when I went to return items ofc that means I am ending the subsription also told the telia employee that I no longer want the service from you and I need this to close.

Thanks for the link I will try for the dispute, I will check this. But after all it seems that Telia's employee seem abit not too focused on their duties.

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:33 pm

If you have that acknowledgement in some form recorded, e.g. an email, or a paper, your problem should resolve. Use that to build the case.