Don't use Hesburger phone application to buy your food!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
agergis

Re: Don't use Hesburger phone application to buy your food!

Post by agergis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Brent wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 am
Damn, you guys are quite harsh on the op. I think he wrote it out of his frustration.

We all make a mistake/an error and it's no big deal. But refusing to give the customer what he paid for is simply wrong. I don't bite the "bacteria or food poisoning" excuse. We all have ordered take away food, drove home and eat it an hour or two later. If we get food poisoning, what comes first in our mind? Or it's my fault because I didn't eat it within 20 min or so. Hell no, we think of there's something wrong with the food. Any good food should last hours in a normal room temperature anyway.

Although, I understand the restaurant wanted to play it safe. But in this case a bit too extreme and there are other options to handle it.

Imagine you order a pizza, half an hour later you come to pick it up... sorry, your pizza might have some bacteria by now so I can't give it to you but thanks for the money. :ochesey: :beer_yum:
That is exactly what I was trying to explain. In addition, there was never a warning that if you are late we can't give the food. It was just ..Now u r late sorry !

Thanks for your reply

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

agergis

Post by agergis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:51 pm

suomynona.yllatot wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:27 pm
Wow! There are some real holy people in here! :twisted: Kidding!

Over the last two decades or so, I've had three similar experiences. Not with the same chain though. In one case, similar issue, same chain, different location (called by phone to order, we did not have "apps" during those days. Other one, it was in a mall, and there was no parking space. And was about 20 min. late (in this case I called them back to inform).

Both times just prepared me a new one. In the third case, I resorted to responding at a whole different level, and a nasty email to the higher-ups. And knew the restaurant owner as well. Got my money back and a couple of coupons.

A lot of them would just give you for the customer goodwill. There is a minor percent of well... there are others that play a hard game. Oft recent, sadly the word "sisu" has taken on a whole different meaning, one of false arrogance and brazen stupidity. I usually counter question (and can be scathingly insulting if I need be).

- If the food can deteriorate and get spoilt in 20 min., how toxic is the food really?
- How toxic is the environment where it was sitting really if the food can get contaminated that easy?
- And if I pick up the food and drive 35 min. away, is the food still eatable? Or toxic and garbage? And then who is responsible?

Such questions usually freak-out the non-thinking types easy! It is strange that these chains are the problem kids. Other restaurants (I use them quite often), such as takeaway Chinese, Indian, Thai have no issues, and never had food or mind poisoning with them.

My view is that: He paid for the food, it is his, and should have been given. At best, served with a warning!
I really would like to thank you, for 2 days I was feeling like .. Am the only one who think that this was really unfair !!
So really thanks ... Now I feel at least I had the right to make this post.

mois_2012

Post by mois_2012 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:20 pm

"My view is that: He paid for the food, it is his, and should have been given. At best, served with a warning!"......Well said. It should have been like that because their goodwill is customer oriented. However, many GREY MATTERS are going on in Finland as well as in different parts of the world.

However, I would also say that the OP might have had an agitated mind with anger/frustration when s/he wrote it. I think it is normal for most of us....and especially when we are hungry, paid the money for food and end up empty-handed for a nearly-unacceptable reason.

Maybe that is why the TITLE was written in that way. Instead, maybe s/he could write: "Be careful when you use "Hesburger app" otherwise, you might end up like me......" or such.....

Such a title could suggest that it was for warning other people with his/her bad exp.

nikskate

Post by nikskate » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm

https://www.hesburger.com/terms-of-use- ... ons-of-use

4.6 Late pick-up of an Advance order

Every effort is made to prepare an Advance order by the pick-up time specified by the Customer. The Customer must pick up the ordered Products by the specified pick-up time. With the Application, the Customer can follow when the order is ready for pick-up. A push notification of a ready Advance order shall be sent to the Customer if the Customer has turned on the push notifications in the Application settings. Advance orders are kept in the Order restaurant for 25 minutes from the moment the order is ready for pick-up, but in any case no later than the closing time of the Order restaurant. If the Customer fails to pick up the Advance order within this time, the order will be discarded. The Customer is not entitled to receive any compensation or refund for the Advance order if the Customer is late with the pick-up. In order to ensure Product safety with consideration of the nature of the Products, the Products cannot be provided to the Customer after the pick-up time described in this section has expired.

Unfortunately, you can't do anything about it. And your title is misleading, it wan't the app's fault. Next time just be careful when you order using their app or don't use the app at all.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 pm

So next ime to Macdonalds , they have soo much preservations in their hamburgers that you can eat it a week later still :ochesey: And seeing all those cars waiting in line there it must be great food.

Brent

Post by Brent » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 am

nikskate wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Every effort is made to prepare an Advance order by the pick-up time specified by the Customer. The Customer must pick up the ordered Products by the specified pick-up time. With the Application, the Customer can follow when the order is ready for pick-up. A push notification of a ready Advance order shall be sent to the Customer if the Customer has turned on the push notifications in the Application settings. Advance orders are kept in the Order restaurant for 25 minutes from the moment the order is ready for pick-up, but in any case no later than the closing time of the Order restaurant. If the Customer fails to pick up the Advance order within this time, the order will be discarded. The Customer is not entitled to receive any compensation or refund for the Advance order if the Customer is late with the pick-up. In order to ensure Product safety with consideration of the nature of the Products, the Products cannot be provided to the Customer after the pick-up time described in this section has expired.
A bit offtopic but isn't the transaction is considered as "etämyynti"?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:05 am

Brent wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 am
nikskate wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm

A bit offtopic but isn't the transaction is considered as "etämyynti"?
Yes, for food items there are specific clauses, e.g. requirements for details that need to be disclosed prior the time of sale (obviously there is e.g. no right to return within 14 days).

agergis

Post by agergis » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 am

I still believe that it should have been written more clearly for example in the order tracking page before it is ready, that you have xx minutes before your order expire. Not only that at some certain point it tells sorry now you r late. Why this is even only on Hesburger. I have been using for example koti pizza for years and many times I was late for over 30 minutes and never saw this. I guess the reason is that because you pay when u arrive but those Hesburger bastards don*t care since paid before arrival.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 pm

well now you learned that always when you pay upfront the service can be not like you thought it would be, little bit like voting; some get depressed, others sit all the time in taxis after their depression, others rent sauna's to get more money in their pocket, other one drives his audi in the parking garage against a pale and expects the tax payer to pay for it, it does not stop, fortunately they are only 9 months 'at work'.

agergis

Post by agergis » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Rick1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:41 pm
well now you learned that always when you pay upfront the service can be not like you thought it would be, little bit like voting; some get depressed, others sit all the time in taxis after their depression, others rent sauna's to get more money in their pocket, other one drives his audi in the parking garage against a pale and expects the tax payer to pay for it, it does not stop, fortunately they are only 9 months 'at work'.
You are right in every word !

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks, here I can say it, when I say it to my Finnish colleagues they always say that I can always go back where I come from and that they certainly know better :)

suomynona.yllatot

Post by suomynona.yllatot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Rick1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 pm
they always say that I can always go back where I come from and that they certainly know better :)
This is simply the kind of asinine attitude that gets me!

I usually remind them that at least work-based immigrants are what Finland gets in charity, meaning Finland never paid but gets the benefits of a full-finished product (the working-age person without having paid for the birth, education, and healthcare) along with a simple retort that if we all left Finland, imagine the cruises, the pizza places, the public transport, and nowadays even healthcare (including dentists). That's for starters.

I also ask them, would you prefer that tourists also leave? If yes, we could stop investing in the flights that are increasingly focussing on revenue from outside, and just keep the internal flights?

Of course, if you want to stop imports completely, how about the food as well. Some small references to Finland's current state of affairs, not to mention a couple of news articles from the recent past manages to push the down button on the elevated egos.

That shuts most of them up nicely!

As I said, the word sisu today means something totally different (empty pride based on arrogance) from what it used to (grit).
Yep, it is! What's the big deal?

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:54 pm

They are always friendly when I buy something (big) and is perfect Finnish not necessary :roll: But that is the same thing that politicians think that they can chose the people who have to come here. If you open the door you get what wants/needs to come.

undertakerfreak

Post by undertakerfreak » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:33 am

They spared you a night of vicious diarrhea and taught you a valuable lesson: pay attention at all times, even while ordering disgusting food