companies selling private health insurance

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Vyborg
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 pm

companies selling private health insurance

Post by Vyborg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Hei! I have government (KELA) health insurance: My town has 2 private health clinics: Terveystalo and Mehiläinen. Can anyone recommend an insurance company which sells policies for these 2 providers?

thanks in advance, Philip Adey



companies selling private health insurance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 10418
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Upphew » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:00 am

Vyborg wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:57 pm
Hei! I have government (KELA) health insurance: My town has 2 private health clinics: Terveystalo and Mehiläinen. Can anyone recommend an insurance company which sells policies for these 2 providers?

thanks in advance, Philip Adey
I'd check first the company that does your other insurances. Then I'd get in touch with couple of others and would ask offers from them.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Marsh04
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Marsh04 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 am

Companies don't sell insurances for specific health clinics. You but a health insurance and can go to any private health centre. Just go and talk with insurance companies or check online for their prices and covers. Mostly the price depends on your age.


deepsudeep
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by deepsudeep » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Marsh04 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 am
Mostly the price depends on your age.
Is 450 euros for a year cheap or expensive insurance wise?


Marsh04
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Marsh04 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 am

If you are 20 and healthy then it's pretty expensive but if you are 50 and not the fittest person around then it's very cheap


deepsudeep
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by deepsudeep » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 am

Marsh04 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 am
If you are 20 and healthy then it's pretty expensive but if you are 50 and not the fittest person around then it's very cheap
I am 35 and healthy, never go to the doctor. Are there any cheaper options?


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 pm

deepsudeep wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 am
Marsh04 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 am
If you are 20 and healthy then it's pretty expensive but if you are 50 and not the fittest person around then it's very cheap
I am 35 and healthy, never go to the doctor. Are there any cheaper options?
I think it was meant that whatever the insurance costs, it's expensive if you don't need it, but if you do, it's inexpensive (compared to having to pay various medical costs yourself). Ultimately you will have to make the assessment yourself. X amount of euros may be a lot or a little, depending on what you'll be getting for it. Typical consideration is what implications would long term illness, disability (reduced ability to work) and death have in your particular situation. E.g. are there others depending on your livelihood.


Reina
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Reina » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:11 pm

I am very interested in these theme. I don´t have Kela yet and I don´t think if I need a private health insurance. Can I go to the hospital if it is necessary without Kela?


Marsh04
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Marsh04 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 am

First of all you can't get these normal private health insurances if you don't have a Kela card.

Not sure if you can go to a hospital for a normal treatment. But for emergencies they'll treat you but send you a big bill afterwards.


heretostay
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by heretostay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 am

OP will sell insurances like these without Kela card.


Reina
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by Reina » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Maybe I should apply the Kela... Does it take a long time to get it? I found this link:

https://www.foreigner.fi/articulo/movin ... 00796.html

I dont usually get sick but I am a little bit worried about being here without a health insurance. The privet ones are quite expensive...


betelgeuse
Posts: 2976
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: companies selling private health insurance

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Reina wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Maybe I should apply the Kela... Does it take a long time to get it? I found this link:

https://www.foreigner.fi/articulo/movin ... 00796.html

I dont usually get sick but I am a little bit worried about being here without a health insurance. The privet ones are quite expensive...
Access to physicians is provided by having a municipality of residence. Kela is only for things like medicines and sickness allowance.


Post Reply