Basic Business Bank Account

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:57 am

Any recommendations- Osuuspankki, Nordea, Sampo?

After I filled out an online application for Sampo yesterday, a very excited sales rep. called me and was more than happy to help me set up, of course. Are they a good bet?

I already have a personal account with Osuuspankki- they gave me a brochure for business account prices and my hubbie thought they sounded expensive.

Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:35 am

Banking for a "small" business is all about GOOD personal service.
Big businesses have teams of expert accountants/book keepers. Small businesses do not have that luxury..so unless you are trained accountant, chose the bank where you can find the personal attention..a named person who you can you meet and discuss plans and problems and alternatives. Someone who will be able to monitor your companies finacial growth and steer it away from rocky areas.
Ask the Sampo rep if they offer this service at the local branch.
If not ask the other banks..but I think you will find that Sampo do offer this service to small businesses.

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:35 am

Osuuspankki is ok. Perhaps a bit more expensive, on the other hand, if you have a special problem, they may take easily one hour to sort it out.
They won't do that at sampo.
That is for the business site of osuuspankki.
Did you check out the local department of the SYKL and what bank the other small enterpreneurs recommend in Oulu?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:32 am

Get someone wo can speak English. <=thats a period.

One place not to pass is the local banks. The "birch tree leaf" -banks. I think inOulu they have something local, but in Helsinki, I havemy money in a bank that is based somewhere in the sticks in some village I've never heard of in Pohjanmaa.

Caused me a culture shock too - the queue number machine was nowhere to be found...

I boycott Sampo because they are arseh**** , but then again my list is long and detaled.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.