Opening a bank account

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
dun3sb01

Opening a bank account

Post by dun3sb01 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:39 pm

I am a non-EU recent resident in Finland, and I would like to create a bank account. However, I am not sure what documents I must provide when visiting the bank. I am interested in opening a bank account with OP, though.

I have the following documents with me:
  • A non-EU Passport
  • A Residence Permit (type A)
  • An ID Card (Henkilökortti)
  • An extract from the population information system in Finland issued by Maistraatti.
For the record, I have not yet being contacted by TE Office, after having registered myself as a JobSeeker +20 days ago, neither have I contacted or visited Kela.

By the way, if I manage to create a bank account with OP, will I be then able to apply for a Kela card online? Or is it obligatory to apply for it at Kela office?

As for TE office, though, how do they normally contact people when their first JobSeeker application is complete?
How much time does it normally take for the integration plan to be initiated?

I'm in Tampere.

Opening a bank account

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: Opening a bank account

Post by biryvih » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am

I am confused, did you just land in Finland? Or???

vla

Post by vla » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:50 am

I have an appointment for next week. This is what they asked me for (in Nordea):
  • Passport
  • Residence permit card
  • Original employment contract signed by all parties
  • Bank statements from the past three (3) months – Nordea may request to see these
  • A recommendation letter from your current bank – Nordea may request to see this
I will get back to you after the appointment next week (27th) and tell you how it went

deepsudeep

Post by deepsudeep » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am

I already applied with S bank and they needed my passport, population extract, resident permit and work contract.
I have an appointment with OP bank this week and they are asking for the same things.

dun3sb01

Post by dun3sb01 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:08 pm

biryvih wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am
Yes, over a month now.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:05 pm

dun3sb01 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:08 pm
biryvih wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am
Yes, over a month now.
I didn't know you could apply for Kela and T.E right away if you are not from EU.
Oh well, Go for any other bank than Nordea. Most likely they need your .Henkilötunnus. Passport. Residence Permit. Probably that should be it.

dun3sb01

Post by dun3sb01 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:29 pm

biryvih wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:05 pm
I didn't know you could apply for Kela and T.E right away if you are not from EU.
Oh well, Go for any other bank than Nordea. Most likely they need your Henkilötunnus. Passport. Residence Permit. Probably that should be it.
I have not contacted Kela at all yet, because when I submitted my JobSeeker application, the person there at TE, to whom I gave my application, told me that I can't go to Kela until they (TE) contact me, and that they might interview me about my integration plan. However, other people told me that I can apply for a Kela card. But, really, idk wtf.

From what I understood. and I may be wrong, when my JobSeeker Application is complete/processed, I become registered as an unemployed person, or then a student when I start studying Finnish. Therefore, they will notify Kela that I may be entitled to some social benefit, then I can get a Kela card :?:

hiworld

Post by hiworld » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 pm

I am non-EU with resident permit type A. I open account with S-Panki last few months and they only need my passport, residence permit and ID card (issued by police), I also get online identification. I registered as job seeker at TE and Kela at the same day. you should already register at Kela because it would also need some time for them to complete your registration.

dun3sb01

Post by dun3sb01 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:01 pm

hiworld wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 pm
I am non-EU with resident permit type A. I open account with S-Panki last few months and they only need my passport, residence permit and ID card (issued by police), I also get online identification. I registered as job seeker at TE and Kela at the same day. you should already register at Kela because it would also need some time for them to complete your registration.
I didn't register at kela when I registered at TE, because of me asking the dude at TE if I should go to Kela to register for anything, and he said no you have to wait until we contact you. It was a bad idea that I listened to him and went home.

Now, I registered at Kela, and I'll be opening an account with OP soon -- appointment booked already.

Thank you very much everyone.