Question about Permanent residence permit!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ThatCoolPerson

Post by ThatCoolPerson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Question about Permanent residence permit! Okay hello! How do you do? I have a small question about permanent residence permits, I have tried finding the answer myself but there hasn't really been a straight forward answer. I'm an American married to a Finnish resident! I've been here for 5 years now. So before my permit expired I put in a form for a permanent residence permit.

Now, the question relates to this: Is there any income requirements since I am here on the basis of family ties through marriage? I should elaborate that my significant other and I have been married for 6 years and we have been registered in both america and finland as married! So there's that.

I keep hearing from varying sources there is and isn't. Isn't an income requirement for me (I am also seeking a job atm.) but my spouse needs to be making so much? Is that true. My spouse, is unemployed but has been seeking a job for awhile. So it does concern me since I keep hearing mixed answers. I just was my permit to get approved alright without trouble. If anyone has an answer to this, please let me know.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bm50
AKA cockney

Re: Question about Permanent residence permit!

Post by bm50 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:07 pm

https://migri.fi/en/income-requirement

Your spouse is Finnish citizen or Resident? If family member of Finnish citizen there is no income requirement.

ThatCoolPerson

Post by ThatCoolPerson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

He is a finnish citizen! he was born here.

ThatCoolPerson

Post by ThatCoolPerson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm

He is a finnish citizen but, I have heard that even if there's no income requirement for me, he has to support me? or have enough to? is that true? cause i can't find answers for that, not sure you got my question. XD

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 pm

ThatCoolPerson wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm
He is a finnish citizen but, I have heard that even if there's no income requirement for me, he has to support me? or have enough to? is that true? cause i can't find answers for that, not sure you got my question. XD
There are no income requirements for residence permits but Finnish marriage law does require spouses to support each other.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:39 am

ThatCoolPerson wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm
He is a finnish citizen! he was born here.
Finland does not give citizenship by birth. He got it at birth because of his parents’ citizenship. Only a few countries like the USA and Canada have birthright citizenship. Not that it matters in your case, but it is an important distinction and someone reading through this thread could easily get the wrong idea.