Need help on Finnish Regulations for converting a van into a motorcaravan

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
C3MKY

Post by C3MKY » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:39 pm

I have a panel van, and over the last 18 months have been purchasing everything needed to convert my van to a high standard into a motor caravan, I really want to make sure I follow the Finnish law and legal requirements before I start the conversion work in the Spring.

Having looked on Trafi, I cannot find any information on the legal minimum requirements I need to forfeit in order to have my panel van legally converted into a motor caravan.

My Finnish isn't great, my work is in English, and the UK is where I'm from originally, there I have found their version of legal requirements from the DVLA website, I downloaded the pdf, and printed it out as a basic guide to abide to, but my conversion will be somewhat different to a UK van conversion, the insulation will be heavy duty for starters, including water pipes, and underbody water tanks with heating pads etc, but solar, and other things like roof fans standard.

Basically I would appreciate if someone Finnish here could possibly find the Finnish version of PDF file of the legal minimum requirements are when wanting to legally convert a van into a motor caravan, including what photos and invoices I need to send to Trafi to have my paperwork transferred to the new vehicle use.

Would someone be willing to assist me with this request please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

C3MKY

Re: Need help on Finnish Regulations for converting a van into a motorcaravan

Post by C3MKY » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:23 pm

It's ok, I have found all I need now from traficom which I downloaded the PDF and translated it to English, all pretty common sense really, and very similar to the UK guide, with some slight differences.

Kasparuco

Re: Need help on Finnish Regulations for converting a van into a motorcaravan

Post by Kasparuco » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:44 pm

Hi,

I am looking into the very same topic currently and would be very grateful if you could share a link on the information you found.
I have also had trouble with finding decent campervan appliances, would you be able to share where you got your appliances as well?

Thank you I appreciate it a lot.