A very dissapointing public healthcare visit! Is this the standard of public health care service?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Retread

Re: A very dissapointing public healthcare visit! Is this the standard of public health care service?

Post by Retread » Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm

What the catch line in Australia?
The one that comes to mind and it's a recent one aimed at tourist from overseas is "Where the bloody hell are you" but each state has its own. "Australia - The lucky country" also comes to mind. An old one that I still think about is "Queensland. Beautiful one day, perfect the next"
I guess it's not so much about slogans, just that we hear time and again how "everyone wants to move to Australia" and "why would you want to live anywhere else"

I have been asked, "Your Australian. Why the hell are you over here (in Scotland)"
We are taught, through media, that AU is a big player in the world scheme of things. Even though the population is not quite 25 million (USA 327 million. Germany 83 million for comparison). Our Prime Minister was rubbing shoulders with this or that world leader etc. It was only later that I found out that we don't get a full range of products ... vehicles for example. I used to ride motorcycles and never realised that various models came out in all different engine sizes and variations. Cars too. But due to the small market and cost and difficulty of getting products there and past the ADR (Australian Design Rules), manufacturers don't see the benefit in doing that.

Resources Australia has, but I think most of the profits go overseas or to the pockets of a few. The average Aussie is struggling now due to the cost of living and the poorly maintained public services. Think schools, universities (used to be free), detention centres, health facilities ... all overwhelmed or getting out of reach (not detention centres). It used to be a house could be bought on one income. Not anymore. Even two incomes may not be enough ... but I am getting out of my depth here.

It's not a bad place by any means and the politicians haven't managed to completely stuff it up yet ... but they are trying to. Too busy putting each other down and not enough of working together for the common good.

Whoops off topic. Rant over.

Re: A very dissapointing public healthcare visit! Is this the standard of public health care service?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am

network_engineer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 pm
and another 1/5 voted far-right, i.e. the anti-immigrant parties.
:lol:
Let's see what persut put on their platform. These are the headlines: vain sitä jaetaan mitä on, ensin jaetaan tärkeimpiin kohteisiin, jaettavan määrää tulee kasvattaa. Common in all of them is jakaminen - sharing. Anti immigrant sure, but also so far right that it looks like left to me.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

network_engineer

Post by network_engineer » Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Upphew wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am
... what persut put on their platform ...
Two things,

1. You spelt perse wrong! :twisted:

2. Talking to some earlier today, something came to mind: there's an even bigger danger than climate change: It is politicks and the poli5h!tians.
Retread wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm
Whoops off topic. Rant over.
Very needed, there's very few that recognise the mess. I cringe when I see displays of hyper-patriotism, whether it is bikinis using the flag, or any other expression.

SecretCode

Post by SecretCode » Thu May 09, 2019 10:37 pm

network_engineer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:01 pm
Upphew wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:32 am
... what persut put on their platform ...
1. You spelt perse wrong! :twisted:
Hey, I understood that ... must be learning a bit of Finnish. :D

Actually the main reason I remember perse is is from an event organised by a global game company a few years ago which included Helsinki ... firstly, it was at midsummer and no, they wouldn't change the date, and secondly, it was named (after the ancient city) Persepolis ... :shock: