Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
John12

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by John12 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:00 am

Victor11 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm
Just received my positive decision , one thing for sure ..they took their sweet time with me almost 9 months including +5 months of processing time ..I guess patience is the key ... all the best for the the ones still waiting

congrats!!Victor11. Please did they asked for your passport and did you keep updating your payslips every month?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
+++++++++++++++++++++

+3

3+++++3666666666666666666.

.3333333.6666636+259999999999999999999999999999999*6*999999+

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Victor11

Post by Victor11 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi
Each individual has his/her own requests from migri so there's no general rule of what they will be potentially asking but in my case no they didn't
Cheers

necadam

Post by necadam » Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Hexor wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:15 pm
* If I may give advice, for goodness sake people, don't send things to migri they haven't asked for like payslip/travel/etc
This. Why the hell people send regularly their payslips?

Beequeenn

Post by Beequeenn » Sun May 12, 2019 9:39 pm

necadam wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 pm

This. Why the hell people send regularly their payslips?
What’s the problem with sending payslips regularly? Each applications is processed differently so something might works for one doesnt mean it will work for all. Some people just dont want to wait to be asked. I prefer keep my application updated.

John12

Post by John12 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:42 am

Finally i had my positive decision yesterday somewhere in the morning that way and did go to the Police service point to apply for my Finnish Passport and have my fingerprint taken somewhere in the evening. In all my application started from
10/20/2018 We have received the processing fee for your application.
10/20/2018 We have received your application and it is pending.
10/22/2018 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
10/27/2018 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

10/27/2018 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

3/31/2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

3/31/2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

4/15/2019 You have sent additional information for the application. We have received it. The documents you sent are displayed in the application information.

5/17/2019 A decision has been made on your application.
5/17/2019 The decision can be read on your user account.
5/17/2019 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
5/17/2019 You have received the decision

so the matter of sending your update payslips, YES i did after 6 months submitting my application without their request for it and alway made sure my application is updated.Maybe that helped because i was never ask for any additional information.
Good luck to all of you and wait patiently, you will receive a text on your phone soon :D

Beequeenn

Post by Beequeenn » Sat May 18, 2019 10:28 am

It seems like most of people here got decision at the same day as application moved to stage 2 “in progesss”. Mine moved to stage 2 on Wednesday and nothing...

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Mon May 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone!

When applying for the citizenship, do the migri people conduct an interview in Finnish when taking the papers when proving the identity ?

If one's Finnish is not so good, might they reject the application ?

What about when applying for the passport in the police, do they also only talk in Finnish and if you don't it can cause problems ?

Thank you so much in advance and have a great day :)!

Regards,
Ossi

Sarah 1

Post by Sarah 1 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Sarah 1 on Wed May 29, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah 1

Post by Sarah 1 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi Everyone!

When applying for the citizenship, do the migri people conduct an interview in Finnish when taking the papers when proving the identity ?

What about when applying for the passport in the police, do they also only talk in Finnish and if you don't it can cause problems ?

Regards,
Ossi
Hi,
Depending on your Yki, it could be either Finnish or Swedish, they even call your name and the number of the room in Finnish/Swedish. Of course you are supposed to show that the Yki result that you have already attached is genuine and you are at least to some extent able to follow the conversation. However, I do not think if you are not good enough there, it would be a reason for rejection, because anyway you have the test result in your hand.
At Police, police has nothing to do with rejecting or accepting. They just do their job, besides when you reach to that level, you have already received your acceptance, police cannot change it just because of the language. Finnish security and intelligence police clearance regarding your background is what matters, which Migri takes it before making the final decision!

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks! In your case why did the police call for an interview, let us know please and good luck!

Sarah 1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm
ozil-madrid wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Regards,
Ossi
Hi,
Depending on your Yki, it could be either Finnish or Swedish, they even call your name and the number of the room in Finnish/Swedish. Of course you are supposed to show that the Yki result that you have already attached is genuine and you are at least to some extent able to follow the conversation. However, I do not think if you are not good enough there, it would be a reason for rejection, because anyway you have the test result in your hand.
At Police, police has nothing to do with rejecting or accepting. They just do their job, besides when you reach to that level, you have already received your acceptance, police cannot change it just because of the language. Finnish security and intelligence police clearance regarding your background is what matters, which Migri takes it before making the final decision!

rio

Post by rio » Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Regards,
Ossi
Yes, when I went to just submit my application to the police, they called my number in Finnish. I was just used to speak English so I went to the counter and said in English that I want to submit my application. And the officer was very annoyed by that, she said that if it is citizenship application, she expects me to be familiar with the language. And if I feel that I am not ready to speak the language then she recommends that I should not submit the application yet as it might have an affect on the decision.
I said, I have passed the YKI exam and I can speak (I said in Finnish), then she started speaking Finnish and started asking some questions (even though it was not supposed to be an interview), I guess she just wanted to see if I could really speak Finnish.

Once you get the citizenship, then everywhere they speak Finnish (wherever you show your passport) because its logical (and often embarrassing when you have to explain that you're a citizen but cannot speak the language).

Mimimi

Post by Mimimi » Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Hei guys, just question for people who received passport already. What is written under the place of birth?

Sarah 1

Post by Sarah 1 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:36 am

Mimimi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Hei guys, just question for people who received passport already. What is written under the place of birth?
Hi,
I have not received even the decision yet, but definitely your real place of birth, the country I mean!

rio

Post by rio » Wed May 22, 2019 11:04 am

Mimimi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:27 pm
Name of the city of birth

Sarah 1

Post by Sarah 1 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Thanks! In your case why did the police call for an interview, let us know please and good luck!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm
ozil-madrid wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Regards,
Ossi
Hi,
Last edited by Sarah 1 on Wed May 29, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.