Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
agergis

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by agergis » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:13 am

rio wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:14 am
agergis wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:51 pm
Hello guys,

An update about my wife application.
She applied for citizenship on 15.8.2019 and proved identity on 16.8.2019 in Vaasa (next day).
Today, she got a positive decision about her application. That was super fast I guess. it was less than two months. One reason could be because I am a Finn.
Hope this helps and wish you all best of luck.
Superfast indeed, congrats.
I think it has less to do with your citizenship, and more about her. Is she EU/US/AUS citizen?
No. she is not..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Short update: my application has moved to phase 2 some time yesterday, and it's now "In progress".

Hopefully it won't be long now!

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:46 pm

rucindrea wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 pm
Short update: my application has moved to phase 2 some time yesterday, and it's now "In progress".

Hopefully it won't be long now!

Good. When did you applied? Did you get an email update also?

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Supermies wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:46 pm
Good. When did you applied? Did you get an email update also?
Very similar to you: I proved my identity on 13 of February, in Helsinki.

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Hahahaha....!

I proved on 7th of Feb. May be they have by-passed me? :D

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:05 pm

I have no idea what the system is. My best guess is that you get assigned to a person and you are in their queue, so it depends on their schedule, their holidays, etc.Or that they just pick them randomly...

Hopefully yours will be picked up too!

rucindrea

Post by rucindrea » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:22 pm

I have just now received the positive decision. Here's my full timeline:

Code: Select all

27.1.2019 - sent the application  
13.2.2019 - proved my identity
28.7.2019 - sent additional info on salary + travels (after automatic email requesting that info)
16.9.2019 - added my salary for latest month (not requested, i just thought i'd update it) 
16.10.2019 - application moved to stage 2 - in progress
17.10.2019 - positive decision 
Good luck to everyone else!!!

random-username

Post by random-username » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Has anybody else gotten the citizenship?

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:59 pm

It's been almost 1 month since my application moved to Phase 2 but I didn't get any response from EnterFinland yet. From what I've seen in this forum a lot of the people moved from Phase 2 to getting a decision very quickly. Any idea why mine is taking so long? I've been living in Finland since I was 19, did my Bachelor and Master's studies here, was working during all the 7 years I have been here but for almost 9 months now I've been jobless. Do you think this could be an issue regarding my citizenship application?

summercool

Post by summercool » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 pm

I heard a case from Oulu. I do not have the exact time line but as per information, the applicant (non-eu nationals) got citizenship decision in 2 months and 3 days.

Supermies

Post by Supermies » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Migri S****. Period

Casual_Commuter

Post by Casual_Commuter » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:29 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:59 pm
It's been almost 1 month since my application moved to Phase 2 but I didn't get any response from EnterFinland yet. From what I've seen in this forum a lot of the people moved from Phase 2 to getting a decision very quickly. Any idea why mine is taking so long? I've been living in Finland since I was 19, did my Bachelor and Master's studies here, was working during all the 7 years I have been here but for almost 9 months now I've been jobless. Do you think this could be an issue regarding my citizenship application?
Don’t worry. There is no clear logic in migri’s timelines or if there is, nobody still has guessed a working theory except that Supermies’s email where migri refers to several applications being decided more quickly because they were selected within the frames of automated application processing testing. Therefore some applications were decided just in 2 months.
However there have been people whose application got stuck in the stage 2 for several months and there was nothing “wrong” with their background or at least nothing common between them was ever discovered (at least on this forum).
So the best thing what you can probably do is to stop reflecting and just wait. Also my wild guess is that sometimes the “Stage 2” may not mean anything, so in practice your file might not be even seen yet but the official who is processing your case just marked it a little beforehand. But it’s just my own speculation, not the insight!

Tanssiwithme

Post by Tanssiwithme » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:10 pm

I wonder if Migri has the right to access medical records for example would migri disqualify people with suicide attempts or so. Is this even Legal?

Also I wonder why Migri gives a higher processing time approximate to people who came to Finland without a residence permit. What if you came with a Visa or so? It would be strange if they put people in groups (based on what I said earlier) and decide on their citizenship based on that.

Third question I had was that why people here are always telling about how they have a job and expect their application to be processed smoothly. Yes I understand but having a job isn´t a definite requirement to get the citizenship, you just have to have means of livelihood. Kela would do just fine or any other source of income?

I also wonder, about people here who are about to get or who already got the citizenship, what are your plans? I have been living in Finland for 6 years and I have a permanent job but I am not sure yet if I want to spend the rest of my young life here (I am 28).

What do you guys think? Are you staying? Leaving? I understand the language thingy, I speak fluent but NOT on a native level. Fluent enough better than most people that learned the language with near perfect pronounciation but the fact that my language is not native bothers me. I cannot be myself 100% so for me I think an English speaking country would maybe make more sense? More cosmopolitan and so on.

I thought it would be nice to reflect with others who have similar thoughts. Don´t be afraid to share your opinions!

Meti

Post by Meti » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Providing here the overview of my case at Migri.

Proved my Identity on 21.01.2019.
Was asked for additional information on income and travel twice, 7 and 16 of July (meaning my application has remained in stage 2 for several months). From my understanding, if in the stage two you are asked for additional information, the application goes into a queue once again.
Received the positive decision on 22.10.2019, just two days after the processing time of 9 months was exceeded. To my surprise I received the message last night at 19:06, don't know if it was due to a glitch or someone was working after hours :).

Along the way I have regularly updated my application with pay-slips.

It was a dreading process to wait, but at the end with a happy ending. Wish you all the best of luck.

ozil-madrid

Post by ozil-madrid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how does migri check travelling records of person applying for citizenship specially of one travels in EU zone where there is no passport stamps in the passport or anything of that sort, any ideas ?

Also do you have to list all your trips from last 4/5 years, i find that a bit too much!

Lastly, once one submits the application, can i choose date to prove my identity or do they send to me specific date ? And what happens there when one goes to prove identity, how good does my finnish need to be as i have very limited skills .

Thanks!