Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Alexx1111

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Alexx1111 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi guys,

Does it depend when they start processing and make decision on your current residence permit expiration date? Like they prefer to make decision first for those whose residence permit will end sooner, but those with permit with longer date they put at the end? Or vice versa? Or maybe sometimes a case is assigned to an inexperienced person, that's why we wait longer? I wanna understand how it works.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 pm

Alexx1111 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm
Hi guys,

Does it depend when they start processing and make decision on your current residence permit expiration date? Like they prefer to make decision first for those whose residence permit will end sooner, but those with permit with longer date they put at the end? Or vice versa? Or maybe sometimes a case is assigned to an inexperienced person, that's why we wait longer? I wanna understand how it works.
I think they put those cases on hold whose residence permit is going to expire soon. And they advice that if residence permit is going to expire, apply for it first. There are many mishandlings from migri and one thing is quite clear from many cases that there is no queue at all. You depend on luck very much than anything else.

By the way, when is your residence permit going to expire?

Alexx1111

Post by Alexx1111 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 pm

Finland2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 pm
Alexx1111 wrote:
Hi guys,

I think they put those cases on hold whose residence permit is going to expire soon. And they advice that if residence permit is going to expire, apply for it first. There are many mishandlings from migri and one thing is quite clear from many cases that there is no queue at all. You depend on luck very much than anything else.

Hi, Thabks for answer.

It will expire in the end of this year, so I applied last April. I don't see a reason for then to put my application on hold as it is valid throughout the whole time of the possible application processing time. When will your expire?

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Alexx1111 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Finland2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:31 pm
Alexx1111 wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi, Thabks for answer.

It will expire in the end of this year, so I applied last April. I don't see a reason for then to put my application on hold as it is valid throughout the whole time of the possible application processing time. When will your expire?
Then you have lot of time, there is no reason that they put yr application on hold because of residence permit. So don't worry.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:21 pm
Victor11 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 pm
Usually it's included as attachment under päätös or decision ..but as I read previously some people for some reason needed to fetch it personally!
Hi, thanks for the reply. Where should I pick it up from? The police station where I applied?
Hello guys, can somebody please answer my question? Thanks in advance.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:50 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm
Hi guys,

I just checked my account, and I saw that I have a new message. It says "8.1.2020 A decision has been made on your application. " However, I cannot see the decision, and there is no file to open. Can you tell me if this is normal and what does it mean?

Best wishes and good luck to everyone on here.
Congrats.
Would you like to share what is special in yr application that you got decision in 5 months? I mean do you think that it is because of your job hours or type of job? Have you ever taken benefits frlm Kela?

I wonder why some people get early decision and some like me did not get decision even in 11 months. I want to know is it just luck or something else?

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Victor11 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:59 pm
Usually it's included as attachment under päätös or decision ..but as I read previously some people for some reason needed to fetch it personally!
Hi, thanks for the reply. Where should I pick it up from? The police station where I applied?
You should call migri and tell that you are unable to see your decision on enterfinland. You should also check your personal information on population register website in order to see whether your citizenship status has been changed there?

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 am

Finland2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:50 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:31 pm
Hi guys,

I just checked my account, and I saw that I have a new message. It says "8.1.2020 A decision has been made on your application. " However, I cannot see the decision, and there is no file to open. Can you tell me if this is normal and what does it mean?

Best wishes and good luck to everyone on here.
Congrats.
Would you like to share what is special in yr application that you got decision in 5 months? I mean do you think that it is because of your job hours or type of job? Have you ever taken benefits frlm Kela?

I wonder why some people get early decision and some like me did not get decision even in 11 months. I want to know is it just luck or something else?
Hi, I still don't know if I actually received the decision or not. Maybe it can be a system bug, otherwise I don't know why I cannot see the decision. I applied in mid-July, so it will be 6 months and not 5. I have a steady job now, but when I applied I was jobless, and yes, I took some benefits from Kela in the past when I was a student.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 am

Finland2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:

You should call migri and tell that you are unable to see your decision on enterfinland. You should also check your personal information on population register website in order to see whether your citizenship status has been changed there?

Thanks for the tip. I will call Migri tomorrow. Do you have any link where I could check the information from the population register? I tried from Maistratti but there is nothing in there.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:09 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:18 am
Finland2015 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:53 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I will call Migri tomorrow. Do you have any link where I could check the information from the population register? I tried from Maistratti but there is nothing in there.
https://www.suomi.fi/news/check-your-re ... ta-service

Just log in here. Here you can check yr personal info and see if your citizenship has changed to Finnish or not. The citizenship status changes here even before you receive it.

lapilainen

Post by lapilainen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:38 am

Hello all,
Just came to know from an authentic source that there are few very senior officials in migri who don't like the following months of the years: February, March, April.
If you are one of the lucky people who happened to apply in these months, keep calm. Your application will be ignored and dragged as long as possible. Rules and laws, such as an uncivilzed, wild and uncultured one called 'queue', will be bent and modified to make sure your application stays at bottom. Hope you are a happy migri customer.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm

Migrììiiiiiìiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Pleasèeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wake up, it's going to be 1 year.

Finland2015

Post by Finland2015 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm

I am not travelling abroad because of my application. If I travel I need to inform migri then migri will put my application on hold and they will lift this hold according to their wishes and not my travelling period.

rohit_ghnp

Post by rohit_ghnp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:11 pm

lapilainen wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:38 am
Hello all,
Just came to know from an authentic source that there are few very senior officials in migri who don't like the following months of the years: February, March, April.
If you are one of the lucky people who happened to apply in these months, keep calm. Your application will be ignored and dragged as long as possible. Rules and laws, such as an uncivilzed, wild and uncultured one called 'queue', will be bent and modified to make sure your application stays at bottom. Hope you are a happy migri customer.
That seems to be legit logic. Anything is possible with migri when it comes to delay in processing of applications.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:24 pm

Finland2015 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:04 pm
I am not travelling abroad because of my application. If I travel I need to inform migri then migri will put my application on hold and they will lift this hold according to their wishes and not my travelling period.
You are not required to but it's useful in case no-one is reading any requests for extra information that they might ask.