Citizenship Application 2019

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
ozil-madrid
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by ozil-madrid » Thu May 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes please, let us know what was it like, and what did they ask about!

All the best :)!!!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Thanks! In your case why did the police call for an interview, let us know please and good luck!
Thank you, I responded to this earlier, but I do not know why it has not been published. I really do not know why...My friends say that it is just a random thing, but no one around me has faced it, so how come it is random? Time would answer that...Keep you guys updated!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 pm


Hi,
Depending on your Yki, it could be either Finnish or Swedish, they even call your name and the number of the room in Finnish/Swedish. Of course you are supposed to show that the Yki result that you have already attached is genuine and you are at least to some extent able to follow the conversation. However, I do not think if you are not good enough there, it would be a reason for rejection, because anyway you have the test result in your hand.
At Police, police has nothing to do with rejecting or accepting. They just do their job, besides when you reach to that level, you have already received your acceptance, police cannot change it just because of the language. Finnish security and intelligence police clearance regarding your background is what matters, which Migri takes it before making the final decision!



Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

ozil-madrid
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by ozil-madrid » Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Guys i tried to do yki and passed the reading / listening but not the writing and speaking although i thought i did well on writing.

Can someone advise me what to do to pass writing and speaking well ? Certain things to study/practice or what did you guys do ?!

Thank and have a great week.

Sarah 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Sarah 1 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Guys i tried to do yki and passed the reading / listening but not the writing and speaking although i thought i did well on writing.

Can someone advise me what to do to pass writing and speaking well ? Certain things to study/practice or what did you guys do ?!

Thank and have a great week.
As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you. However, if you still wanna pass writing, here are some tips that worked for me. 1- Try to find some topics that have been already in Yki tests, and everyday write something, at least two topics. Things like, public transportation in Finland, sport culture, money is the most important thing, and so many other topics. Then, you need to check your writing or ask someone to do it for you. Later rewrite those topics and try to improve them. 2- Learn some key words/phrases/expressions, like, recently, nowadays, however, although, according to, it is said, people think/ in my opinion/ majority of people/ it is good to remind that/ it is not wise to generalize but generally speaking..., the good side is that/the bad side is that.... etc. and try to use them in your writing as much as possible, it helps your writing to look more academic and more sophisticated. 3- By doing that and specially writing everyday, you realize that there are some words that you do not know, for example you wanna say "the value of something" then you realize that oh! I do no know how to say value, then you learn it. In fact you start learning new words that are very useful in your daily writings and be sure that they are useful in the Yki writing as well 4- Try to have an introduction, body of text and conclusion in your writing. The body of text is better to be at least two paragraphs and each para. is supposed to discuss a different issue. Try to have reasoning in your writing for what you claim or agree on.
For example, as for the introduction, have a general view on the topic, for instance, health has been always an important issue in our lives, but unfortunately we recognize its value when it is in danger etc... then in the body you can explain your opinion and you can refer to some scientific researches, you just make it up! For example, tutkimukset ovat näyttäneet että.....
Good luck

Beequeenn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Beequeenn » Mon May 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Sarah 1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you.
Always check facts before comments/giving advices please. Only those combinations are accepted when you apply for citizenship: speaking + writing; listening + writing; reading + speaking.

Sarah 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Sarah 1 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:47 am

Beequeenn wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Sarah 1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you.
Always check facts before comments/giving advices please. Only those combinations are accepted when you apply for citizenship: speaking + writing; listening + writing; reading + speaking.
You are right, I did not remember correctly.

ozil-madrid
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by ozil-madrid » Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am

Thank you very much for the tips, very helpful :)!!!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Guys i tried to do yki and passed the reading / listening but not the writing and speaking although i thought i did well on writing.

Can someone advise me what to do to pass writing and speaking well ? Certain things to study/practice or what did you guys do ?!

Thank and have a great week.
As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you. However, if you still wanna pass writing, here are some tips that worked for me. 1- Try to find some topics that have been already in Yki tests, and everyday write something, at least two topics. Things like, public transportation in Finland, sport culture, money is the most important thing, and so many other topics. Then, you need to check your writing or ask someone to do it for you. Later rewrite those topics and try to improve them. 2- Learn some key words/phrases/expressions, like, recently, nowadays, however, although, according to, it is said, people think/ in my opinion/ majority of people/ it is good to remind that/ it is not wise to generalize but generally speaking..., the good side is that/the bad side is that.... etc. and try to use them in your writing as much as possible, it helps your writing to look more academic and more sophisticated. 3- By doing that and specially writing everyday, you realize that there are some words that you do not know, for example you wanna say "the value of something" then you realize that oh! I do no know how to say value, then you learn it. In fact you start learning new words that are very useful in your daily writings and be sure that they are useful in the Yki writing as well 4- Try to have an introduction, body of text and conclusion in your writing. The body of text is better to be at least two paragraphs and each para. is supposed to discuss a different issue. Try to have reasoning in your writing for what you claim or agree on.
For example, as for the introduction, have a general view on the topic, for instance, health has been always an important issue in our lives, but unfortunately we recognize its value when it is in danger etc... then in the body you can explain your opinion and you can refer to some scientific researches, you just make it up! For example, tutkimukset ovat näyttäneet että.....
Good luck

Upphew
Posts: 10544
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Upphew » Wed May 29, 2019 9:32 am

ozil-madrid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am
Thank you very much for the tips, very helpful :)!!!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Guys i tried to do yki and passed the reading / listening but not the writing and speaking although i thought i did well on writing.

Can someone advise me what to do to pass writing and speaking well ? Certain things to study/practice or what did you guys do ?!

Thank and have a great week.
As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you
Reading and listening is not enough: https://migri.fi/en/national-certificat ... iency-yki-
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

fanfan
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by fanfan » Wed May 29, 2019 3:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by fanfan on Wed May 29, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Sarah 1 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:04 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:39 pm
Yes please, let us know what was it like, and what did they ask about!
It was nothing special, they sometimes do such things, according to them, they asked something about my background and reasons to stay in Finland, my plans for future. Nothing special. I think they either do it randomly or if some people seem interesting to them. Like if someone has had a good position/job in his/her home country, but gave up and moved to Finland and applied for citizenship. This is just my guess. Or maybe due to educational background and experience, some one has the potential to be an important, influential person here, like becoming a member of the parliament etc. Or if political/economic situation in the home country is not stable. It's nothing to worry about.

All the best :)!!!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm
Thanks! In your case why did the police call for an interview, let us know please and good luck!
Thank you, I responded to this earlier, but I do not know why it has not been published. I really do not know why...My friends say that it is just a random thing, but no one around me has faced it, so how come it is random? Time would answer that...Keep you guys updated!


fanfan
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by fanfan » Wed May 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Hello,

I received a request for supplemental information this morning. I replied right away. A few minutes later my application status in Enter Finland changed from "In progress" to "Decision is ready". The problem is that I cannot read the decision! No other information has been posted to my account. I have not received a text message or an e-mail informing me that the decision is ready, but the "decision is ready" button is green. I called Migri and asked whether this was a technical problem and I was told to send an e-mail to e-support. I did so immediately but have not received a reply.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Does this mean my application was rejected and that I will only receive the final decision in the mail?

Thanks

Sarah 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Sarah 1 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:46 pm

ozil-madrid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am
Thank you very much for the tips, very helpful :)!!!
Sarah 1 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am
ozil-madrid wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Guys i tried to do yki and passed the reading / listening but not the writing and speaking although i thought i did well on writing.

Can someone advise me what to do to pass writing and speaking well ? Certain things to study/practice or what did you guys do ?!

Thank and have a great week.
As far as I remember, You are fine for applying the citizenship. Reading and listening is enough for you. However, if you still wanna pass writing, here are some tips that worked for me. 1- Try to find some topics that have been already in Yki tests, and everyday write something, at least two topics. Things like, public transportation in Finland, sport culture, money is the most important thing, and so many other topics. Then, you need to check your writing or ask someone to do it for you. Later rewrite those topics and try to improve them. 2- Learn some key words/phrases/expressions, like, recently, nowadays, however, although, according to, it is said, people think/ in my opinion/ majority of people/ it is good to remind that/ it is not wise to generalize but generally speaking..., the good side is that/the bad side is that.... etc. and try to use them in your writing as much as possible, it helps your writing to look more academic and more sophisticated. 3- By doing that and specially writing everyday, you realize that there are some words that you do not know, for example you wanna say "the value of something" then you realize that oh! I do no know how to say value, then you learn it. In fact you start learning new words that are very useful in your daily writings and be sure that they are useful in the Yki writing as well 4- Try to have an introduction, body of text and conclusion in your writing. The body of text is better to be at least two paragraphs and each para. is supposed to discuss a different issue. Try to have reasoning in your writing for what you claim or agree on.
For example, as for the introduction, have a general view on the topic, for instance, health has been always an important issue in our lives, but unfortunately we recognize its value when it is in danger etc... then in the body you can explain your opinion and you can refer to some scientific researches, you just make it up! For example, tutkimukset ovat näyttäneet että.....
Good luck
your welcome! Just to remind that I made a mistake in my first sentences, so reading and listening together are not enough!
good luck!

fanfan
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by fanfan » Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am

I have been following this thread for several months now, so I thought that I would share my happy news: I was granted citizenship today! :D (applied 7.1, confirmed identity 9.1) Apparently the decision was made already on Wednesday but for some reason it wasn't uploaded to the online service until today.

My application was processed relatively quickly, and I know that there are some out there who have to wait a lot longer for their applications to be processed. Just wanted to say to those people that I understand your frustration and I sympathize. Just be patient! One day soon it will all be over and you will be able to experience that overwhelming sense of relief and joy that I'm feeling right now. Best of luck to all of you!

ozil-madrid
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by ozil-madrid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:01 am

Congrats fanfan!!! Can i ask how did you learn and pass the yki test :D ?!
fanfan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am
I have been following this thread for several months now, so I thought that I would share my happy news: I was granted citizenship today! :D (applied 7.1, confirmed identity 9.1) Apparently the decision was made already on Wednesday but for some reason it wasn't uploaded to the online service until today.

My application was processed relatively quickly, and I know that there are some out there who have to wait a lot longer for their applications to be processed. Just wanted to say to those people that I understand your frustration and I sympathize. Just be patient! One day soon it will all be over and you will be able to experience that overwhelming sense of relief and joy that I'm feeling right now. Best of luck to all of you!

Sarah 1
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Sarah 1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Hi all,
I've got the positive decision toady. I proved my identity 11th of January, so it took like 5 months altogether. Mine was about 2 months in process. Hope you all get a fast and positive decision.
Cheers!

Beequeenn
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Citizenship Application 2019

Post by Beequeenn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Beequeenn wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 am

22/12/2018 Submit application
10/1/2019 Prove identity
13/1/2019 Stage 1
15/5/2019 Stage 2
27/5/2019 More info request about travel and salary
13/6/2019 Again, more info request about income in 2015 (!)

Anyone else being asked for more info TWICE? I have no idea why does my income in 2015 matter!? Im having a good job right now with a permanent contract in a big international company and still they wanna know why I got so less money in 2015!


Post Reply